E1-NewBeam Mod

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I have had an orphan NewBeam module kicking around on my bench for months and a couple of CR2's with nothing to put them in....

E1-NewBeam.jpg

components.jpg

And for size comparison:

line-up.jpg

I should point out that there is a Z57 clickie on the light and I could have reduced the length by another .100" if I had used a mineral glass lens instead of the pyrex. The pyrex is probably better for the intense heat build up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

I'll be doing exhaustive run test analysis and taking beam shots later.................... NOT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

jtice

Flashaholic
once again, you have amazed me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i hate you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

just kidding of course! great work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Nice Don. Newbeam task light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
never cease to amaze.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure I know enough to even ask this but...the (pot?[module receptacle])is made of a Cu alloy? The anode pin might be coming out of the back of the receptacle in the form of a contact?

Very nice lights. Runtime will be interesting.

Raindrop

Enlightened
As always simply amazing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know you don't do these on an order basis, but any chance this might be a McGuch sale item. With my latest acquisition of one of your E1 & Arc LS conversions I have 3 E1 HAs that are begging for some "options" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks guys,

I have no plans to do another or more but I would like to visit the NewBeam and CR2 again when I have the time (if that ever happens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) I actually had more elaborate plans for the NewBeam and I did this mod as a simple solution so I could get back on track. I think the NewBeam is a real sleeper in terms of excellent design and function. Although it's a great drop in for the mini mag, with 10 hours of runtime resulting, I think the NewBeam is worthy of a light designed around it.

On my list but now, a low priority, is a titanium flashlight using the NB and CR2. Such a light would have no real thermal issues so Ti could be used. I visualize a CMG Infinity sized light with a guarded "clickie" tail switch. I believe the guts of the Z57 can be included in the train.

- Don

Kiessling

Flashaholic
put me on the list, Don !

bernhard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif