New Build Plans: 2X26500 Mag C, SST-90, 9amps

keith p

Newly Enlightened
I'm planning a new build. Starting with a 3 cell Mag C. I'm using a clicky tail cap (mfg by Mac). 2X 26500 battiers. 3X 2.8A buck drivers in parrallel. SST-90.

I work at a machine shop, so modding the host down to a no-switch 2 cell size is not a problem. I will add an ID snap ring groove to hold a nylon bushing with the positive terminal in it.

Mac's tail cap (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/254647) used a McClicky. I doubt it can handle 10A. Any suggestions on another switch for this tailcap?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't you make it a twistie w/ some resistance +/- as needed?

If I could do what you are planning I would go with a twistie. My Solarforce tactical switches had a plastic shroud keeping the clickie in place. At 2~3 minutes of use while testing OTF lumens at MrGmans with only 5.68A at the tail the plastic melted. Needless; to say it ended the test session. It did this to 2 switches before we just decided that 2 minutes was as far as we could test the SST-50 P60 drop-in in DD mode.

Nailbender has been using the McClickie in a Fivemega 3C hosts for this SST-50 and SST-90 monsters up to 9A with no problems, so it may still work.

Good luck,
bigC

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet he's using sku.20330 from DX. There were a couple of guys discussing paralleling these in another thread. The only other ones I can think of that you could parallel are the SHARK Buck.