Value for money show light?

maisatomai

Newly Enlightened
I am from Singapore. Recently bought a Quark AA2. It costs S$80 after shipping. Quite disappointed in a way that it is just 20-30% brighter than my dad's S$20++ 3 watt flashlight.

I wanted to get a show light that would really be very very bright. Size does not matter. Number or type of batteries does not matter. Runtime does not matter too (As it is a show light, 5-10 minutes is already good enough). Hope it either has a good throw or be very bright.

Any suggestion? Price is not a issue also as it is a show light. Wanted to go to the torch and hope people give me the wow look:laughing:

maisatomai

Newly Enlightened
I chanced on this 35W HID which is selling for $200++. It spec is 3500 lumen. Is it the brightness one can get?

joshconsulting

Enlightened
You want an incandescent hotwire. 10k+ lumens for 6-8 minutes, some even pushing 30k lumens. Check out the incandescent section.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I am from Singapore. Recently bought a Quark AA2. It costs S$80 after shipping. Quite disappointed in a way that it is just 20-30% brighter than my dad's S$20++ 3 watt flashlight.

There might be a couple of reasons for that, one being that your dads light has a more focused beam. To test that find a room with white ceiling and try bounce the beams of the ceiling and look around in the room, how much do they light up the room?

Another reason is they way we perceive light, double lumen does not look like very much more light.

Any suggestion? Price is not a issue also as it is a show light. Wanted to go to the torch and hope people give me the wow look:laughing:

One show light is the Lumapower VX-ultra, with a IMR16340 battery.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Just wondering would TK40 be brighter than this as TK40 has more lumen?

Yes, TK40 will be brighter, but that is not really the point. You can see them besides each other here:
DSC_0677.jpg

MWClint

Enlightened
Peak Brass Rainier P7 using an IMR16340
or purchase the optional Brass 18500 body and an AW18500