Is the Quark MiNi AA a battery vampire?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mainly buy flashlight(s) for emergency situation. It's quite assuring to know if this light is able to produce some light with a depleted battery. I don't have any depleted AA battery to try. Anyone have the opportunity to try it? TIA

-dg

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
I happen to have some depleted cells from a carbon monoxide detector that started beeping (low bat signal) in the middle of the night last night. I just threw one in the MiNi AA and it has been going on low for about 5 minutes now.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Wow, I left the MiNi AA on low nonstop since my previous post and it is still going. Right now it looks like a regular Quark in moonlight mode. The battery (energizer alkaline) read 1.2v on a cheapo multimeter before I put it in the Mini. Does this meet the "vampire" criteria? :D

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Wow, I left the MiNi AA on low nonstop since my previous post and it is still going. Right now it looks like a regular Quark in moonlight mode. The battery (energizer alkaline) read 1.2v on a cheapo multimeter before I put it in the Mini. Does this meet the "vampire" criteria? :D
Wow, I already liked these little lights, but this is even better! :twothumbs

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the MiNi 123 will do the same, time to go find my "dead" 123 batteries...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've compared my 123 to a couple other similar lights (LF3XT and L1). It seems to need more voltage to fire up than those two. That Surefire will continue to fire up til there's nothing to see. The MiNi will probably do as well as any, as long as you don't turn it off and expect it to come back.

Geoff

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
not sure.

but: my mini aa warm tint turns on (at low mode and stays there for few minutes atleast) after i took the battery out of nitecore d10 that didnt turn on anymore.

this was with eneloop nimh thou
. i will test it later with lithium aa also when i get around to it.