Jetbeam RRT-1 reflector?

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
Hello i'm pretty new here and just got my RRT-1 and was wondering what type of reflector this is. Its supposed to be hybrid/smo but it looks like a OP to me.Any help would be appreciated.

RRT-1002.jpg

RRT-1001.jpg

RRT-1003.jpg

Last edited:

lightforce2

Enlightened
Yeah, thats a lot more on the OP side, my reflector looks like its totaly smooth but its called a hybrid

ps/ You need to resize those images or the mods may delete them, they're too big

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
Mine was supposed to be a hybrid too. Flavio at BOG said that all newer ones are coming with a mild OP. I guess i need to get a Hybrid/SMO now. I mean this thing throws great but would like to see it with what i thought it was coming with.

Oh yeah sorry bout the pic size. I really don't know how to change them. I felt good that some how got up there..lol... I'll try to resize them tonight

palomino77

Newly Enlightened
Looks like OP to me,,, Here is a picture of my big Jets, the only one with SMO is the RRT-1,,, I was thinking of getting a OP reflector for it to try out. With the SMO it out throws the M1X,,, How is the throw and beam with the OP reflector? I would like to smooth out cree rings a little with out sacrificing the throw to much. Would it be possible for you to post beam shots?

I'm also thing of getting a SMO reflector for RRT-2,, it now has great throw with a warm tint ant OP but would like to know how much more throw it would have with SMO,, does anybody have both? :wave:

Thank You :grin2:
jetbeamii.jpg

jetbeam.jpg

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
It throws good but it really wasn't what i expected. I'd say about 150/200 yds it does great but past i don't know yet but i will be checking it out soon.

I'll try to get some beam shots tonight or tomorrow but i warn all of you i really don't know what i'm doing with a camera :shakehead

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
Here's some shots on the wall. I tried an outdoor shot at 33 yds but that did not turn out so good. I will try some more outdoor shots later. I warned ya i am no good with the camera..:shrug:

these are 2ft from wall

high
beamhigh.jpg

med
beammed.jpg

low
beamlow.jpg

Dobbler

Enlightened
The SMO does out through the M1X.

I'd be willing to trade my SMO for an OP if someone wants to do that swap.

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
After going out last night and really checking distances i am blown away with this light. 450 yds and its getting there but at 100 to 350 yds it really shines. I checked all distances and in between and this just keeps on going.
I would still like to see it with a SMO reflector but i think this mild OP is working out just fine.

Lunarcorey

Newly Enlightened
I think RRT-1 with SMO reflector is better than the one with OP. I love flashlights with long distance beam throw!:hitit: