dim CR123? (lost my Fenix P3D Preminum)

rpottol

Newly Enlightened
I want an afordable light, (say under $30), that does both dim and bright.

The 12 lumen dim of my P3D was frankly, more than I want, 3-6 would be better for not affecting night vision, but I'd still like something close to the 215 max (say 150 or better).

And I prefer the CR123, better size for the light, good enough availability.

If I had money to burn, sure, I'd probably get a 4sevens Quark, and if I don't find anything suitable, I will probably just pony up the $40 and get a MiNi.

Any thoughts?

amigafan2003

Enlightened
I think the MiNi is you best bet, and with the coupon code gets you closer to your budget of $30.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Mini 123, i got the neutral white version and the low is really nice and low.

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
I want an afordable light, (say under $30), that does both dim and bright.
The 12 lumen dim of my P3D was frankly, more than I want, 3-6 would be better for not affecting night vision, but I'd still like something close to the 215 max (say 150 or better). And I prefer the CR123, better size for the light, good enough availability.
I concur with the others. You don't give much in the way of requirements other than a low and CR123, so I recommend you pony up for Quark Mini 123 with the newer XP-G R5 emitter. It has a 3 lumens low, and 189 lumens on High, along with Med at 40 and strobe/SOS/beacon modes if you want them. It uses a single CR123 primary or RCR123 rechargeable. The difference between 215 and 189 lumens is negligible in practical use so it will be bright enough.
:thumbsup:

Warp

Enlightened
I was thinking Quark MiNi as soon I got through one or two sentences in your post. I'm probably bias towards the Quarks, though.

After CPF discount...and no shipping...it's more like $36

Runsalone

Newly Enlightened
Gotta agree with the other with the quark suggestions. Either the Mini or save up for the regular 123. The regular has .2 lumens which is an awesome low, and 4 is the next bump up.

heathen

Newly Enlightened
My suggestion would be for the standard Quark 123 with the tactical UI. I think you would love it's very low low and it's impressive high.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the MiNi 123.
I have one and am very impressed with it. Also gave one away for Christmas, recipient was thrilled.
Us the CPF8 code and you get the 8% discount. Makes it close to your budget.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
one more point about the Mini 123, it's so tiny that you can have it on your keychain and forget that it is even there until you need a light.