Any light similar to the Quark Neutral White

piperpilot12w

Newly Enlightened
I am a happy owner of a Quark 2x123 Neutral White light.
My dad was impressed by it and wants to get his wife the same one. Problem is the neutral white version is no longer available. Need suggestions as to a similar type light with a neutral white that's 2xAA or 2x123.

Quension

Newly Enlightened
Note that neutral white heads (the 3.0-9.0V one is for 123² bodies) are still available on 4sevens' site. It will cost you more, but it's possible to piece one together.

mitro

Newly Enlightened
Note that neutral white heads (the 3.0-9.0V one is for 123² bodies) are still available on 4sevens' site. It will cost you more, but it's possible to piece one together.
Either I'm losing my mind, or those are new stock. :thinking: :duh2:

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
jetbeam jet lll M or jetbeam pro st. you can get either in warm tint.
the jetbeam pro st would be very similar to the quark 123-2 in terms of size. both the jetbeams can use either 2x cr123, or 1x 18650 cell.

Vesper

Enlightened
Speaking of the 4sevens neutral lights, why are they limited, anyway? There are a few of their lights I would like to buy, but they just don't make them available. If they sell out so fast there must be a demand and a benefit of having them for sale. :thinking:

pobox1475

Enlightened
If they sell out so fast there must be a demand and a benefit of having them for sale.
+1 :thinking:... I got a 123 warm standard clipless and liked the tint/output so much I grabbed a warm Tac 123x2. Very glad I did. The Tac is current my go-to light around the house. Aside from my NiteCore NEX Cree I will not be going with any other than warm/neutrals from here on out.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a happy owner of a Quark 2x123 Neutral White light.
My dad was impressed by it and wants to get his wife the same one. Problem is the neutral white version is no longer available. Need suggestions as to a similar type light with a neutral white that's 2xAA or 2x123.

would a Romisen RC N3 II neutral white be something that you would consider? i have the single mode and really like it though i am considering getting the 2 mode so i can balance output and runtime. You can see some beamshots of the single mode neutral white here.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
hrm... i have the quark 123-2 tactical, and recently fell in love with warm tint. and was thinking of buy the quark warm tint head. but it does not seem like tactical heads.
anybody know how that wam head will do with a tactical switch?

or should i just get the jetbeam lll pro st in warm tint? would only cost alittle more for an entire new light, but i do love the beam of the quarks.

geek1

Newly Enlightened
Depends on what aspects of the Quark 123^2 you definitely want to see in that other light.. Almost all neutral led flashlight others have mentioned till' now have neutral xr-e-emitters. The neutral Quarks have xp-e-emitters. This means that the neutral Quarks have smoother beams (no cree-rings) and a more subtle transition from spot to spill (just perfect in my opinion). Besides that the neutral Quarks use a led bin that looks a little pink, while the output of the already mentioned RC-N3 II for example looks quite yellow. Then of course there's the different modes of the Quark series (from "moonlight" -low to "turbo" -high), the excellent regulation etc etc... So try to be more specific, good luck:twothumbs

ps: if you find beamquality/tint as important as i do, i would go for a Quark mini AA/123, at just $39,- minus 8% the perfect gift.

@ skyfire: all switches are the same, doesn't matter if you've got a regular or tactical head.

Last edited:

Quension

Newly Enlightened
hrm... i have the quark 123-2 tactical, and recently fell in love with warm tint. and was thinking of buy the quark warm tint head. but it does not seem like tactical heads.
anybody know how that wam head will do with a tactical switch?

all switches are the same, doesn't matter if you've got a regular or tactical head.

Well... not quite. The regular switches are reverse-clicky, and have no momentary-on support. The tactical switches are forward-clicky and work great for momentary-on.

The problem is that the UI difference is in the head, so using the "wrong" switch on a head can make things a bit non-intuitive. Here's a post from someone who tried it.

Kif

Enlightened
I had a Quark Mini 123 neutral white and I love this warm tint.
The only concern is that its not as solid as my other Surefire/ICON.
The Quark Mini body is much thiner than any surefire body.
I usually use flashlight in harsh evnironment.
Is there any other flashlight has the nice warm tint and also has soild structure?

Last edited:

piperpilot12w

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the great suggestions.

I was able to get the individual pieces and put them together. Got exactly what I wanted Quark 2x123 Neutral