PT Blast

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Princeton Tec Blast today and i was impressed. Its very small and puts out a potent beam that really travels. Anyone know here i can find replacement lamp modules because i don't want to be without one when it goes out.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I just ordered one Blast module and one Rage module from Brightguys at $3.75 each. I DO NOT WORK FOR BRIGHTGUYS - and get NOTHING for mentioning them!

I killed my Blast module with 3AAA, but no biggy as my Attitude LED module is in it right now (Uh OH - this should be in the LED and/or Homemade and Modified forums - my bad!) and makes for a nice reading light in bed!

paulr

Flashaholic
Total output of the Blast is is similar to a 1 watt Luxeon. The LSH (-P) may be a little more directional. I posted a detailed review of the Blast in the reviews section a week or two ago. It's a great little light. TTS is selling them for $6.50 including batteries (two AAA Duracells). Since the plastic shell weighs practically nil, if you're going to carry spare batteries and lamp on a trip, you may as well just take a whole second Blast at that price.

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
Thats what im thinking i might do.....why would i pay 8-9 dollars for a replacement bulb (shipped) when i can get a new one for cheaper? If the store (****s sporting goods) stocked em id be a little more satisfied.

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't have a convenient way to put up a beamshot, but the Blast is a little brighter than a 2aa minimag, has a slightly wider spot than the minimag on tight focus, and has kind of a lumpy beam from its textured reflector, better than the minimag but less smooth than a Surefire. I guess its runtime will be somewhat less than a 2aa minimag. It's a nice light and I recommend it over a Minimag any time. Two or three of them with batteries weigh as much as one Minimag.

paulr

Flashaholic
By the way I posted a long review of the Blast to the Reviews forum a couple weeks ago. You can probably find it.

georget98

Enlightened
I found a great place to clip the blast so I can use it as a task light. Now if I could only do tasks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

castlite.jpg

One of my neighbors saw me out walking last night with it and he wants one too, but just the light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Where did you get a white Blast?! I thought they were just black, blue, and yellow. Alpine Woman only has black and yellow, fwiw. But I will probably order a bunch.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dropped my PT Rage from a height of 8 feet accidentally, part of the screw thread broke, but the lamp is okay, and there are no external chips.... tough lil light. When I examined the filament, I found em rather thickly wounded. Prolly explains the toughness. And no, it's no on when I dropped it.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I got the only one that Sun abd Ski Sports had, and it happened to be white, so one of my favorite sayings applies here....

"If it happens, it must be possible."

I will be happy when my Brightguy order arrives. Well at least for a few moments....