Too Vast For A Lumen Blast

MX421

Enlightened
But if I am only getting an armytek headband there isn't too much can go wrong...he says optimistically.[emoji13]

The problem i had with the Armytek products were the internals, not the body (two Wizards, a V2 & a V3, with two separate problems). As you say though, it'd be a tough thing to mess up a head band and for $3 (plus shipping) its not much of a gamble

Last edited:

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
The problem i had with the Armytek products were the internals, not the body (two Wizards, a V2 & a V3, with two separate problems). As you say though, it'd be a tough thing to mess up a head band and for $3 (plus shipping) its not much of a gamble
Agreed. Its such a shame that quality issues put you off otherwise great looking lights. On a side note I'm thinking of sueing whoever claims "one size fits all" in baseball caps haha

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
Pleased to report that I've just got the nitecore hc30 and not only does the headband fit but there us even room to make it bigger....hooray. Perhaps the circus does not beckon.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
We NEED a pic of said huge melon! :D
You don't NEED one...it will only make you jealous that you can't pass for humpty dumpty [emoji13] . besides as the nitecore fits easily I can only assume Xtar sent me a small childs headband by mistake hehe

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Is it just me? (say that it isn't) or are there any others out there whose domes (shaved or hairy) are too big to wear a headlamp comfortably even at full adjustment?

Beginning to think I should contact a circus...

I work with a fellow who wears a hard hat without the little cage to fasten it to your dome.
He wears it like a ball cap. His nickname is buckethead.

I suppose if he ever wears a headlamp he'd need to fasten it to a belt or something.

MX421

Enlightened
I work with a fellow who wears a hard hat without the little cage to fasten it to your dome.

Technically, he'd be better off without the hardhat at all as that "cage" is what takes the shock when something hits his head. In car terms, thats the airbag.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened

I suppose if he ever wears a headlamp he'd need to fasten it to a belt or something.
Wow someone with a bigger bonce than me! Hooray. I managed to fit a paintball mask thingy on last weekend without any hassle...I was a happy bunny.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Wow someone with a bigger bonce than me! Hooray. I managed to fit a paintball mask thingy on last weekend without any hassle...I was a happy bunny.

Yaaaaaay!!!

Technically, he'd be better off without the hardhat at all as that "cage" is what takes the shock when something hits his head. In car terms, thats the airbag.

Thing is that most of the stuff that could fall our head would be like oh, a bridge beam, perhaps a 6000# pile driver hammer or that sorta thing... the hard hat is only good for making sure the insurance will pay the death benefit... but some office dweller in the mix decided it's best we wear plastic jackets and hats incase a motorist thinks we are a tree or space junk falls from the sky while we walk around far away from any real overhead dangers.

I choose to think it's a joint venture between 3M and the government agencies whose employees get free cruises.

Nah but seriously the hard hat cages will not open far enough for the guy so he wears a lid with a cage, but... it rides on top of his dome.