Standard warranty repair time for Fenix?

hazna

Enlightened
Hi guys just wondering what sort of experiences people have had with the fenix warranty. Recently I have had a L0D Q4 fail on me within the warranty period. I contacted the dealer (4sevens) and they offered a refurbished unit as replacement, however the refurbished unit is not the same colour as the original. I preferred the original colour of my L0D so it was sent back to fenix for repair.

I sent it back to the dealer around mid-october. I was told it could take a little while. It is now been more than 3 months since I have sent it in. Should I be worried about my package? I have contacted the dealer and am awaiting to hear from them.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I guess this depends on the dealer. I'll wager it's not 4Sevens, since he would surely have done something by now. Sorry you've not gotten some action. I'd continue to hassle them til you get some response.

Geoff

hazna

Enlightened
I guess this depends on the dealer. I'll wager it's not 4Sevens, since he would surely have done something by now. Sorry you've not gotten some action. I'd continue to hassle them til you get some response.

Geoff

The dealer is fenix-store which is basically 4sevens. Do note they did offer me a refurbished unit and did warn me it could take a couple of months if I didn't accept the refurbished unit. Its just been a little longer than a couple of months for me, thats what had me worried. It has taken a little bit of prodding but I have received word from 4sevens team, that my unit will most likely be in the next shipment they get from fenix.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm surprised by this, though I've never needed any warranty work from 4Sevens. Maybe since it is an older light there are simply no ready replacement parts available. Makes me wonder if they aren't sending it back to China for repair. This does not sound typical.

Geoff

hazna

Enlightened
I'm surprised by this, though I've never needed any warranty work from 4Sevens. Maybe since it is an older light there are simply no ready replacement parts available. Makes me wonder if they aren't sending it back to China for repair. This does not sound typical.

Geoff

yes, I believe they had to send it back to fenix (china) for repair

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i also had a fenix sent back, its been over 5 seeks nows.

lunar (chinese) new year is falling on the 14th of this month. almost the entire country will be on vacation for at least 2 weeks.

so we will have to wait it out. unless your light is already in the process of being shipped back. but 3 months is really a long time. ive only been waiting 5 weeks, and feel thats already a long time.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 months is pretty long. it shouldn't take longer than one month, you should contact the delaer.