Machined a crenelated bezel for my Jetbeam RRT-0

SwarfWorks

Newly Enlightened
Well, why not? Not that I really had a day to waste, but it was worth it I suppose :thumbsup:

I first had to (ok, I wanted to) machine the tool to get the original off, then away I went! I machined several 6061-T6 ones first, then made a few stainless ones. I bead blasted one of the stainless ones (seems to match the adjuster ring nicely), though the plain machined ones look pretty sharp (in my opinion of course!).

I may put a couple more tweaks to it, but that's all the time I had today.

SwarfWorks-jetbeam-rrt0-crenulated-bezel-3.jpg

SwarfWorks-jetbeam-rrt0-crenulated-bezel-2.jpg

SwarfWorks-jetbeam-rrt0-crenulated-bezel.jpg

SwarfWorks-jetbeam-rrt0-crenulated-bezel-4.jpg

SwarfWorks-jetbeam-rrt0-crenulated-bezel-5.jpg

So is it crenulated, crenelated, or ? :shrug:

Enjoy!
Paul

bansuri

Enlightened
Nice work! I predict you'll get all kinds of requests.
Hilarious name BTW! (Swarfworks, that is. Swarf is an amazing by-product of various machining processes that in no way resembles the metal that it was ground from)

Last edited:

chef4850

Enlightened
please let me be the first to ask for one of these. it looks great and I really like the three prong design. Great job. Let me know when I can order one.

Chef

Yavox

Enlightened
Are you going to make more and how much will they be? I don't have RRT-0 but I want to get one, so why not order the bezel too? :)

Brigadier

Enlightened
Very nice!!! :twothumbs

Looks as good as the ones sold by JetBeam:

standard.jpg

Heck, I'd buy an RRT-0 just to put one of those on it.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's right and if you're in the armed forces and do this to a fellow soldier, you might get courmartialated too

SwarfWorks

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the compliments and entertainment everyone. It's been a learning experience on many fronts!

I've been laying low on this project as I don't want to be thought of as spamming by any means. I made this bezel for my RRT-0 because I thought it would be neat, but then have been asked several times if I was going to sell them. My intention wasn't to sell them, but just to have some fun making a cool part. This forum is very informative and I have been sucked in to a new dimension (ok, addiction, I'll admit it), so I'd like to hang out and not make anyone mad. :)

Oh, I've got some tritiums coming from B@rt, (as well as some Norland 61 adhesive sitting here) so I'll probably make me a new one with some slots in it for the tritium vials. Should be interesting if I do it right. No guarantees on that though ;)

So, anyway... If someone tries to hit you in the head with it and misses, I think you'd be discombobulated. :nana: