Flashlight brand you would want in your store?

cckw

Newly Enlightened
A local Military surplus store I frequent is broadening his inventory and seems to be doing a good job of planning.

He contacted Surefire and they want some pretty big numbers, so he has decided not on them. I volunteered to ask here what other brands he should be considering. Quality, broad appeal within the product line, etc What brands should I tell him top investigate?

KarstGhost

Enlightened
I would vote for Fenix. Awesome and affordable. I wish my local stores carried them.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Fenix would probably be a great choice for the price and brightness. Surefire would be great to have but the price for the average person may turn them away.

Next I would consider Inova.

post tenebras

Enlightened
ElZetta. Close to Surefire quality without the prohibitive dealer commitment. Made in USA.

Malkoff's turnkey lights would also be good.

CandleLightPower

Newly Enlightened
Yes I forgot to mention Quark the packaging alone is enough to impress.

Definitely. I'm surprised 4Sevens didn't put up lots pictures of packaging with each model. The doors are magnetic, and the box material is heavy plastic / paper mix.

wingnut86

Banned
One probably couldn't go wrong with Fenix, EagleTac, 4Sevens, etc...

They are bright, well made, innovative, and affordable.

Seriously though, before I knew about these brands and others like them, I only really knew of 3 types of flashlights...

Cheap plastic crap.
Maglites.
Surefires.

I would imagine many people still see it as I did. Introducing them to the "mid-range" lights could only be good.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Jetbeam. Greag cutting edge products, qualty materials. On top of business, they do a good job handling any product problems and work well...just a few run time issue here and there.

Nite Core obliiovs rasons

Lumapowrer have a lot of great products and are easy to deal with behind the scenes. Goog price points and quality. Outstading customer service.
Plus they made the original "pocket rocket".

The new Quark stuff sells itself.

There may othersthat produce high qualiy,high value flashlishts.

The snottiness of Lufire and it's hardcore get a tiresome. They are good lites enough said.

carrot

Flashaholic
For a brick and mortar store, packaging is incredibly important. Last time I checked Fenix had terrible packaging. 4sevens has excellent packaging, as good as Surefire's if not better, as well as a very good dealer program that works for small businesses like your friend's. There is a MAP, so online dealers cannot undercut the brick and mortar. Best part is they ship right out of Atlanta, GA, so products get there right away.

Does it help that the products are also really good too?

HKJ

Flashaholic
I believe 4sevens and Zebralight would be a good selection.

Edit:
And maybe a HID or Olight SR90 for the top end of lights.

Last edited:

cckw

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I'm directing him to 4sevens. I would have been able to do that without asking, but having bought from them myself, I was not thinking of them as a wholesaler.

Again, thanks for the info.

seale_navy

Enlightened
I would throw in a couple of Pelican in the store. Pelican packaging is nice especially the colour.. since pelican torch is colourful yet cheap in the USA.

Probably a few inova like the X5 that people like, not too expensive.

Malkoff would be great too, and as mentioned those 4sevens, fenix lights and etc.

Maybe the shop could buy a couple of surefire in bulk from an online retailer and get it at a cheaper price and selling it to the public instead of acquiring a stockist status from surefire..

cistallus

Enlightened
LiteFlux comes in a nice wood box that would look good (open or closed) in a display case. Lots of CPF folk really like the LF2XT. OTOH they don't have a wide range of different lights.

cistallus

Enlightened
LiteFlux lights come in a nice wood box that would look good (open or closed) in a display case. The LF2XT is well-liked by many CPF members. OTOH, the company doesn't currently have a wide range of light models.