The Olight M20 Warrior Can Tailstand!!

laur

Newly Enlightened
Received a Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2 from a fellow CPFer recently (thank you gmf2010). I like everything about the light EXCEPT for one problem -- The light will not tail stand.

I tried various DIY to make a homemade adapter for the tailcap but nothing worked well. Gave up and used a shot glass with the light bezel up when I needed "candle mode" but this was a poor solution for such an impressive light.

One day last week I was at a True Value hardware store looking at their selection of O-rings for some of my other lights. Next to the O-rings was a selection of items called "rubber push on gripping leg tips". I bought the 1" version because it looked like it would fit over the tailcap.

When I got home I tried the rubber chair tip on the light and it fit perfectly. It is not hard to get on, stays in place because of the friction from the rubber and can easily be removed when not needed. It was an "eureka moment" and my one complaint about the Olight was now solved.

I use the light in the house in the morning with the tailcap switched on, loosened from the battery body so the light is locked out and have the chair tip on the tailcap. When I need the light, I just tighten the tailcap and set it down on a flat surface. Voila, it lights up the whole room with light bounced off the ceiling. When i need the light as a flashlight, I just remove the chair tip and use the tailcap switch to turn the light ON and OFF.

You get 4 of these chair tips in a package for less then $3 so you can keep one in each room you would need tail standing capability. Now you can have the best of both worlds -- a premium tactical light that will tail stand when you need it.

Passed this along as a successful DIY to help the CPF community.

laur

PS -- This may work on other brands as well. I have not tried it on my other flashlights yet. The chair rubber tip gives the Olight tailcap the look of a Raidfire Spear tailcap (flared towards the bottom).

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened
It's not uncommon for tactical lights not to tailstand, the shroud or crenullations on tailcaps obstructs access to the switch. It's not a flaw by any means.