Difference between high and low dome?? recomm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
thinking of getting an arc ls and wondered whats the difference between high and low.....any recommendation as an edc light...also looking for a house flashlight--- am looking at turtlelite 2 and a stream light poly 4AA and an lightwave 3000 any other recommendations

thanks from a newbie

MichiganMan

Enlightened
My that question's asked frequently... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The Low Domes have more of a flood effect. The High Domes are a more recent design that has a more focused beam thereby providing farther throw. Arc is in the process of phasing out production of the Low Domes.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Difference between high and low dome?? recomm

Hi BillG,

Welcome to CPF!

It turns out that Gransee has posted a helpful FAQ here. It has a lot of answers . . . even to questions you may not have thought of yet.

My recommendation for an EDC is the Arc LS. There are a few Seconds still left at the Arcflashlight.com site for $50. I think that's a good way to go. Good luck in your search.

Paul

BigMac

Enlightened
Re: Difference between high and low dome?? recomm

I would go for a high dome luxeon (LSH or LSH-P) for your edc. IMHO, the LSH has plenty of flood, and still has the hotspot. Anytime I don't want that bright hotspot, I reach for my arc aaa. Those are the only two lights I have with me 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.