Surefire E2DL beam with ring

cbl

Newly Enlightened
I am new on this forum, I am not sureif I posted it in the right section.

I recenlty bought a Surefire E2DL. I am very happy with the 200 lumens it produces.

I just have one concern, when I focus the light on the wall about 3-4 feet away, I noticed that the beam is not flawless unlike my other 2 Surefires (6P and E1B).

The hotspot is great but there is a ring outside the hotspot which is very noticeable because it is within the spill. It's not that bad, it's just that I was expecting a smooth transition from hotspot to spill.

I need your comments. Thanks in advance.

I took a picture but I do not know how to attach it here thru html. Sorry.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, my E1l - my only surefire, is the same. from what i hear the TIR lights arnt as classic surefire flawless as the reflector lights.
you cant argue with anything else about them though, and i would place money on you never thinking about it ever again once you start using the light :)

carrot

Flashaholic
It's normal.

TIR is notoriously impossible to have completely ringless. Surefire's TIR is some of the best.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfectly normal.

The fact that you're noticing it when shining it against a wall from 3 or 4 feet away suggests that it's not a massive problem.

If it's actually a problem when you're using the light (not just testing/examining it) then you could contact SureFire and see if they will take care of it.

Focus (sic) on the performance of the light when you're actually using it, not how it looks against a white wall :)

Regards,
Tempest

cbl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I appreciate all your replies. At least I know that my light is not a bad one. I guess I am just used to my other lights that have very smooth beam, including my E1B which also has TIR lens.

Thanks again.