Fenix for an AR-15

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to add a Fenix flashlight to my AR-15.
The rifle has a VELTOR handguard, so I need a Picatinny mount.

How can I determine which of the Fenix line might be most suitable for use in a 1 inch tactical mount, or any other type of mount for that matter.

I want an LED light, about 100 lumens or so, preferably AA.

Suggestions/guidance much appreciated! Thanks!

Masque

Newly Enlightened
I adore Fenix for their value, quality, and occasionally features. If this is for recreational usage, please continue.

But if this is for practical use, are you sure you would trust your life to a Fenix? I would in a pinch, but not given the choice. There are companies that make lights for this purpose, which have been designed and tested for this purpose, and which have proven themselves for this purpose. I realize this probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but personally I'd consider reconsidering.

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
but personally I'd consider reconsidering.

I'll consider that! ;)

Your point is well taken, but frankly, I probably fall more in the "recreational realm" with this, mostly because I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a light. < 100 would be nice. I've never had a light on any of my weapons, so this is all new to me. Plus I already nearly "broke the bank" putting an AGOG on the gun, so, frankly, coin is an issue.

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD10 is what I use. Uses 1 AA and fits in a CAA flashlight mount from OpticsPlanet. :thumbsup:

timbo114

Enlightened
I recently spoke with 4Sevens team on this exact subject.
I was worried about recoil shock to the light engine/assembly.

They recommended OLIGHT M20 WARRIOR Premium R2.

Last edited:

dcycleman

Enlightened
I'll consider that! ;)

Your point is well taken, but frankly, I probably fall more in the "recreational realm" with this, mostly because I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a light. < 100 would be nice. I've never had a light on any of my weapons, so this is all new to me. Plus I already nearly "broke the bank" putting an AGOG on the gun, so, frankly, coin is an issue.
Damn, acogs are expensive! If I already dropped that much coin on an acog, I'd go top notch all the way. I'D look into a surefire scout light or mabe a surefire L4 in a mount.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix TA20 and TA21 are the lights you are looking for. They were designed for this purpose ;)

xprtshot1

Newly Enlightened
I have a TK10 mounted on a 16" AR-15 heavy carbine with a pressure switch mounted on the foregrip. Over a 1000 rounds with it on the gun, including some practical weapons course work. I typically shoot 55 grn. fmj, but have shot some hotter stuff on occasion. I used a CAA 1 inch light mount, fits solid. I can email you a pic if you like.