What is MAX Voltage for the LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtice

Flashaholic
I was thinking oh using a 2x123 mclux batt pack on my Arc LSH-P,,, to use up my "used" 123's.

What is the Max Voltage a LSH-P can take? So I can measure the total V of the two 123's, and see if they are low enough to put in the LS.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tough question, because this really depends on the Vf of that particular Luxeon, and that luxeon only... And that varies wildly from one to the other...

Besides, even if both cells drop from 3V nominal down to 2V, you're still going to have 4V nominal going into an LS, and even with some voltage drop, it's still going to direct drive that LS... I'd figure if you're risking flashing the LS, it's not worth it...

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is really not worth the risk. Not only you can flash the LS but also the circuitry inside. If the circuit or led is burned, there goes your 125 and you can kiss your LSH-P bye bye.
123 taken from LSH-P will be exhausted already, and there is only a bit of juice left. Rather than risking your LSH-P, i suggest throw that away or use it to direct drive 5W in mag 2D or C (need 3 of them).

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
beaker! you changed your avatar!

now i have to give you a new name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

wingy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I figured it's a tad over 20K, and I'd rather shrink it for better load speed...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

But hey, at least it loads faster... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe Don can come up with somethin' as well... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.