No CPF T-shirts and other gear???

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
If I'm not mistaken, I have not seen any mentioning of getting CPF T-shirts or other official gear. I would think that a community this size would have something like that already set up, but there isn't one? A shop could easily be set up at Cafepress to print T-shirts (only like $12 I think) and other gear. Could be a simple CPF logo on the front and some witty quote about light or flashlights on the back. If there isn't an official CPF T-shirt, I'd be glad to set one up and take suggestions and ideas. It would be sold at base price, no profit, through Cafepress...with this many people on this forum, it'd be nice to see someone else in public wearing a CPF ID.

However, I may be mistaken and such a thing may already exist. Let me know?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There's no CPF t-shirt that I know of. Somebody was asking about an LED Museum t-shirt a year or two ago, and I don't have one of those either.

Cafepress is a good idea. I bought a "Toliet To Tap" t-shirt there around a year ago, a Paul's Waka Waka BBS coffee cup (which I promptly broke) early this year, and a Commercials I Hate bumper sticker early this year. I got all of my stuff quickly and well packaged, and the prices were fair.

O o, there's email coming in... gotta run!

Empath

Flashaholic
Such a venture must first be cleared with David.
The issue has been raised before.

Empath

Flashaholic
I don't know. The last time it came up he had too many irons in the fire to get involved. I'll call attention to your thread, although he's likely to find it without me.

It may be that there are others in line ahead of you. But, then, maybe not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
The issue is the use of the CPF name and logo. David will have to comment on this directly. Please don't do anything until he does. He's offline tonight.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter G has occasionally run CPF edition Arc-AAAs, and SureFire once did a CPF edition of their G2 light... But otherwise, not much else...

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Since David owns the forum, I am sure he could take over in order to set something like this up with other forum members. I'm not trying to say "let me do it"...just suggesting that such a thing for a forum like this would be pretty cool, and in my view, almost neccesary.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Errrrrrr.......... don't do ANYTHING till DavidW gets back and comments on this issue... I got a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif from DavidW for experimenting with CafePress on this issue. Again, be careful..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Dan

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind people making money off of CPF. I do mind if people make money off the name. I'm looking into protecting the name of this forum before I do anything.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I definitely was not planning on making money by selling T-shirts with CPF logos, as I had already mentioned the pricing would be strictly non-profit. I was not stating that I was going to do it anyways. Just that it would be a good idea for all of us to have t-shirts, and that someone should do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I usually don't wear clothing with words on it, I would probably like one of these.

It makes me wonder if I would be recognized by someone, or see someone else wearing one. Hmm, kind of cool.