Australia - become a US state?

GeoffChan

Enlightened
I thought this should of been uploaded around April 1st.

If this happens, I'll be able to get my lights from Dan @ tactical warehouse and not through Kenmax.

It will take me a while to get used celicus not begin used, people driving on the wrong side of the road and cops carrying Semi Autos.

Geoff

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
They'd get their right to keep firearms back, well, at least to a comfortable degree! I've always liked Aussies and would welcome them as my fellow countrymen, that's for sure! Not sure how they'd feel about being Yanks though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah Geoff, just think lower USPS rates on flashlight shipments to AU and no more international pricing schedules for SF's!!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa! Can you imagine travelin' to the Land Down Under? And still call it the good'ol US?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Although I would have to admit, when it's baking hot here in California, I wouldn't mind trekkin' down to Austrailia for some winter weather...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GeoffChan said:
....If this happens, I'll be able to get my lights from Dan @ tactical warehouse and not through Kenmax

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Knew there had to be an upside! Apart from the bit about being able to put in NBA and gridiron teams, that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Graham

Tomas

Banned
Hmmmm ... Personally I think there are enough differences twixt us and the good folks from Oz that it would likely make both of us uncomfortable. While there are a lot of very deep similarities, there are also those deep divides that would make it difficult.

Thing is, we are both enough "rugged individualists" that each compromising on some of our deeply felt basics might be the stopper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Of course what do I know, eh? On the many times I started out to that part of the world I never made it past Tahiti. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I used to make a very fine beach vegetable ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

T_sig6.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened
I'd be proud to have the Aussies become one of us.

But it will never work... attempting common football rules would eventually lead to a civil war. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
The way it's going, Microsoft will become the government of the world, Bill Gates will be Earth's President, and all of the countries in the world will report to Microsoft.

The world will be a very nice place and will be continuously improved, but on occasion, it will turn entirely blue and stop for one or two days until it can be restarted.

See http://www.quuxuum.org/~evan/bgnw.html for Bill Gates' current personal worth. When I checked, it was $32.31 billion. I'm not sure what his buddy Steve Ballmer is worth, but it's close.

(Bill Gates can afford to buy six aircraft carriers like the new USS Ronald Reagan at $5 billion apiece and come away with change.)