• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Found: Parts to build a McGizmo Sundrop

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Sundrop engine 3S purchased, and now I need all other components.

Anyone have some parts? :thinking:

Lisa

***Edit, this build from scratch endeavor is more costly than I thought. Looks like it's going to cost me $390-490 to assemble this. So for now I'll suspend the search and just keep the little light engine for another time as I'd like to put the funds into buying a Spy 005/007.
Thank you all who tried to help me out.
Lisa

*****Edit to my edit. Parts found and purchased thanks CPF!

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: WTB: Parts to build a McGizmo Sundrop

I love that LE in an Aleph McClicky mule. (Thanks, Donn!) Might be worth giving a try. I think you may have some difficulty sourcing the head for a Sundrop, but the Ti McClicky body should be no problem. Try the Mule... you'll like it! Good luck!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love that LE in an Aleph McClicky mule. (Thanks, Donn!) Might be worth giving a try. I think you may have some difficulty sourcing the head for a Sundrop, but the Ti McClicky body should be no problem. Try the Mule... you'll like it! Good luck!

+1 - and a Ti McClicky straight from Don and you have a killer high CRI light! :thumbsup:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for that information, I'd certainly be open to buying an Aleph McClicky Mule too.

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope someone has a McClicky pak to sell to me.
I'm feeling too shy to ask Don about his, plus I wouldn't mind getting a used one in hopes of saving a little bit of coin.

I really don't know what I was thinking, buying an engine before the body. I hope I'm not the only one who does this type of thing :devil:

Lisa

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don wouldn't mind - that's why he sells them. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see used McClicky's on the B/S/T often - I've kinda been watching for one for a while now. And as for buying an engine first....welcome to the club!!:twothumbs

donn_

Flashaholic

I really don't know what I was thinking, buying an engine before the body. I hope I'm not the only one who does this type of thing :devil:

Lisa

Don't worry, you're not.

IMGP3113.jpg

OscarTheDog

Enlightened

I sent Don an e-mail just the other day asking about a haiku i bought off the forums he answered my question. :thumbsup: To Don (McGizmo)

OTD

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

I sent Don an e-mail just the other day asking about a haiku i bought off the forums he answered my question. :thumbsup: To Don (McGizmo)

OTD

I'm in one of those shy times, where I feel like saying, "You ask 'em for me, please."

But I am going to hold out a little bit of hope that someone can help a poor flashaholic out. :naughty:

Roger Beep

Newly Enlightened

If I recall correctly the SunDrop has some kind of a lens instead of a regular window. Need to check on mine but I am on te road right now...

Kgp

Newly Enlightened

Lisa,

I would be willing to sell you my complete sundrop as well, you could swap between the two LE the 083a and 083b. You could always sell the one you least like? It has very small marks on the titanium from carry, but nothing major. The 083b is brand new from Don, 400.00 shipped? Let me know, if not I just keep it :thumbsup:.
DSC_0492.jpg

Last edited:

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

karlheinz3
user_online.gif

Flashaholic*

wink2.gif
Re: WTB-high cri aleph light engine
I might have one for ya. What are you planning to put it in? I just bought one of Don's limited production (only 10 made) High Cri En mules on USN that just arrived today from this thread. I paid $275 for the complete light but they are really impossible to find because only ten were offered up for sale to the masses. I have a GDuP I could throw in the host and offer you the light engine... guaranteed to be the best of the best made by the man himself...Don McLiesh! Like I told ya before when I got the Arc 6...I always try to help out others whenever I can! :wave: A ripple of AMcMule 3S High CRI lights**SOLD** (
multipage.gif
1 2)
Last edited by karlheinz3; 02-20-2010 at 04:03 PM.
progress.gif

Ithink this may be the light engine you just bought and it was very rare! (one of twenty Don offered) I have the original host if you are interested. I also have a custom Mirage Man machined titanium mule clone head that I recently offered with a ti 2 AA pak. Any way I can help you out...I am always willing! Karl

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Karl that would be great!
I'm planning to do some photography lighting with it.
Let me figure out what you have, is it a Sundrop or a Mule?

Lisa

wink2.gif
I might have one for ya. What are you planning to put it in? I just bought one of Don's limited production (only 10 made) High Cri En mules on USN that just arrived today from this thread. I paid $275 for the complete light but they are really impossible to find because only ten were offered up for sale to the masses. I have a GDuP I could throw in the host and offer you the light engine... guaranteed to be the best of the best made by the man himself...Don McLiesh! Like I told ya before when I got the Arc 6...I always try to help out others whenever I can! :wave: A ripple of AMcMule 3S High CRI lights**SOLD** (
multipage.gif
1 2)
progress.gif

Ithink this may be the light engine you just bought and it was very rare! (one of twenty Don offered) I have the original host if you are interested. I also have a custom Mirage Man machined titanium mule clone head that I recently offered with a ti 2 AA pak. Any way I can help you out...I am always willing! Karl[/QUOTE]

Kgp

Newly Enlightened

karlheinz3
user_online.gif

Flashaholic*

wink2.gif
multipage.gif
1 2)
progress.gif

Ithink this may be the light engine you just bought and it was very rare! (one of twenty Don offered) I have the original host if you are interested. I also have a custom Mirage Man machined titanium mule clone head that I recently offered with a ti 2 AA pak. Any way I can help you out...I am always willing! Karl

Hey Karl and Lisa,

That is correct, she just bought the LE you sold me not too long ago Karl!

csa

Enlightened

I'll be interested to hear how you feel about using it for photography. I've been considering picking up one for use in look at print proofs.

SFfanman

Enlightened

:rolleyes: I might be able to help you also.

Pm incoming.