Fenix LD20 XP-G R4 Pictures, Compared to L2D Q5

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
Just got it today, looks perfect like usual. tint seems identical to my l2d xre q5.

all pictures are white/ iso and shutter locked.

pictures are slightly crappy need better background.

upclose the xp-g hot spot actually seems tighter, wasn't expecting that.

i may get some more up later. still light here.

DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

next photo is on low for both
DSC_0012.jpg

turbo mode

DSC_0013.jpg

next is a wallshot.

paint is blue FYI

top is xre q5
bottom xp-g r4

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

I will try for more photo's later. i got pulled into work

so far i seem happy.

holster seems junkier then the last one

Last edited:

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
maybe your right.

im looking for flood, not throw.

couple more photo's

turbo

DSC_0016.jpg

low

DSC_0018.jpg

sun white balance

DSC_0019.jpg

maybe some beam shots later tonight

these lights look slightly green on here for some reason, they are a very very nice white in real life

i tried to get a pic of the rings, i can't pull it off.

the xre with the OP had some rings completely non existent in real life use, never even noticed. the xpg with SMO is perfect 1 ring on the outer where it bounces off the bezel, otherwise perfect

i wish the clip pointed the other way. i don't like the lens point up, not sure why they turned it this way

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the pics!

looks to me, that the LD20 X-PG R4 has a smooth reflector now, thats probably why the beam seems tighter. but still looks smooth.

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the pics!

looks to me, that the LD20 X-PG R4 has a smooth reflector now, thats probably why the beam seems tighter. but still looks smooth.

beam is tighter, just walking around the house its obvious

its a bit annoying. i work close, the hot spot is definitely tighter within a couple feet

HighLumens

Enlightened
thanks for the pics!

You are right, the smooth reflector is probably tightening the beam.

@LittleBill: Thanks for the pics; looking at the beamshots it seems that the beam is perfect and it sounds strange to me, please could you confirm if the beam is really flawless or if you can see some rings?

Last edited:

kicken_bright

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the review! I too am curious as to whether or not the clip can be reversed. this light is really calling my name...:drool:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info and pictures:thumbsup:.

BTW, you might want to change your pictures around before a mod sees them (it causes side to side scrolling). All you have to do is put a line break between each link and the pictures will stack on top of each other.

Last edited:

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
You are right, the smooth reflector is probably tightening the beam.

@LittleBill: Thanks for the pics; looking at the beamshots it seems that the beam is perfect and it sounds strange to me, please could you confirm if the beam is really flawless or if you can see some rings?

there is one ring, which i believe is light bounce off the bezel, outside of that 0,

the xre with OP which is perfect for any real use, has about 7 that i can see

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Any loud hum/buzz/whatever? My older L2D-Q5 (looks just like yours) has none but just checking to see if the newer light does.

Fluppsy

Newly Enlightened
I bought the R4 today and I noticed a small point in the middle of the spot which is darker than the rest. Is there something wrong with my Ld20 R4 or is it just normal? Photo was taken with lowest lamp mode.

CyberCT

Enlightened
I bought the R4 today and I noticed a small point in the middle of the spot which is darker than the rest. Is there something wrong with my Ld20 R4 or is it just normal? Photo was taken with lowest lamp mode.

It doesn't look that bad. I'm expecting my LD20 R4 any day now so I will check.

CyberCT

Enlightened
I noticed mine does the same thing. I have this small darker spot in the middle. However, unless I'm shining it at a smooth single color house wall, I don't notice it. It is less noticable on turbo mode, too.

It doesn't really bother me much, considering how surprised I was at how small this light really is! :grin2: