fenix LD10 with cree xpg r4 vs. L1t

Rob223

Newly Enlightened
Im wondering how much of an improvement the fenix ld10 with the cree xpg r4 rated at 132 max lumens would be over my L1T v.2 which was rated at 98 lumens that came with the cree Q2 led. Yes I know the difference would be 34 lumens, but has anyone actually tested output vs. what they claim or seen the difference themselves? I could try another brand but def want a single AA battery, and have been very happy with fenix as far as quality of build, this thing has taken more than a few falls from over 8-10 feet onto concrete and still works great almost 2 1/2 years later.
Thanks

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im wondering how much of an improvement the fenix ld10 with the cree xpg r4 rated at 132 max lumens would be over my L1T v.2 which was rated at 98 lumens that came with the cree Q2 led. Yes I know the difference would be 34 lumens, but has anyone actually tested output vs. what they claim or seen the difference themselves? I could try another brand but def want a single AA battery, and have been very happy with fenix as far as quality of build, this thing has taken more than a few falls from over 8-10 feet onto concrete and still works great almost 2 1/2 years later.
Thanks

It would depend on what you use your flashlight for. The XP-E model should be just a little brighter in the hotspot and should therefore throw just a little further. The XP-G will have a larger hotspot which for closer distances would generally seem like you were getting more light.

I have several XP-E lights and I just got a XP-G. For general purposes I'm impressed by the XP-G. If you really predominately need the throw then you would stick with the XR-E.

Since you are keeping to the single AA format I'm guessing throw isn't the most important anyway. The XP-G that is giving you 120 lumens could easily be giving you 325 lumens if driven harder but that's an issue of course with a single AA.

Rob223

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, I was wondering more about the comparison of the L1t with the Q2 LED to the LD10 with XRG, more so than the xrg to the xre. Will there be a very noticable difference or just so so?

erpan

Newly Enlightened
My friend took my ld10 q5 as he needed it so i went for a new ld10 R4.

Now to the problem the hotspot has 2 dark areas like dark spots in the spot which is very visible, does that mean that it is defect or is it something you'll have to live with?

When browsing other threads people say R4 is more nice due to bigger hotspot but nowhere i have seen you can get dark spots within the spot.

So is it normal? its really annoying if you ask me.