In Need of Hands On Light Comparison Advice

Gumboot

Newly Enlightened
I will be purchasing a warm/neutral tint light in the near future. It's main use will be in outdoor settings such as walking the pooch at night, camping, hunting, fishing etc. AA batteries would be my first choice since they are easibly obtained and my SW radio and other devices run on AA's but 123's are acceptable and rechargables are in the future. I've narrowed down the choices to two lights. The Jet-I Pro I.B.S 3.0 and the Jet-III Pro ST. Do these lights have similar beam patterns and throw? I also considered the Nitecore NDI w but thought I would not gain anything over my trusty D10. How would the Jet's beam pattern and throw compare to these lights I have? Fenix TK 20, Quark AAx2 w, Quark 123x2 w?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be purchasing a warm/neutral tint light in the near future. It's main use will be in outdoor settings such as walking the pooch at night, camping, hunting, fishing etc. AA batteries would be my first choice since they are easibly obtained and my SW radio and other devices run on AA's but 123's are acceptable and rechargables are in the future. I've narrowed down the choices to two lights. The Jet-I Pro I.B.S 3.0 and the Jet-III Pro ST. Do these lights have similar beam patterns and throw? I also considered the Nitecore NDI w but thought I would not gain anything over my trusty D10. How would the Jet's beam pattern and throw compare to these lights I have? Fenix TK 20, Quark AAx2 w, Quark 123x2 w?

Get a headband for your D10 and see if you use it more readily. I like the Quark 2xAA, but then I don't mind longish (what's 5.5 inches?) lights. I rather wish I had the headband thing for it - hands-free is the best way for a working light.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, i own the Jet I Pro v2.0, the Jet III Pro ST and the Fenix T20. Jet I is the smallest by far and can run off AA/14500, the light is a good thrower with decent flood as is the Jet III. If it were me, i'd go with the Jet III and have the Jet I as a back up, mine are all Q5s though so i can't comment on the tints.

The TK20 is a good light too but it's got a pretty tight hotspot as compared to the Jet III, you can head on over to this website and go through the various locations to see real life beamshots of different lights, if i recall correctly, the TK20 beamshots can be seen in the 'road dry', 'neglinka 1' and 'neglinka 2' locations.

Gumboot

Newly Enlightened
Thank's Hyperloop

Does the Jet I and Jet III have the same beam and throw? The heads are the same size and I'm asuming the same reflector. I would like to have a larger hot spot than the TK20, good spill and have the same or better throw.