Ra Clicky new clip?

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
OK - I have seached the threads, and have found bits & pieces on HDS possibly coming out with a new designed clip - Is this true? I have a EDC-120E, and it is a just a great flashlight hands down, but I get excited thinking there may be a new clip coming. A clip with an optional lanyard attachment would be even better. So what really is the latest?

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Personally, I like the design of the original clip on the EDC 42's and 60's, because it was able to be used as a clip, had space for a lanyard and could be used as a headlamp on a hat brim if need be. Flexibility and choice is the best in so far as clips are concerned IMHO, why would you go in another direction.:thinking:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc clip was wonderful and was a perfect fit on the HDS. One of the best flashlight clips yet.

Looks like this on a HDS:

IMG_5630.jpg

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
The Arc clip was wonderful and was a perfect fit on the HDS. One of the best flashlight clips yet.

Looks like this on a HDS:

IMG_5630.jpg

I have to agree; that would be perfect if the old "Arc" style came back.

rider

Newly Enlightened
OK - I have seached the threads, and have found bits & pieces on HDS possibly coming out with a new designed clip - Is this true? I have a EDC-120E, and it is a just a great flashlight hands down, but I get excited thinking there may be a new clip coming. A clip with an optional lanyard attachment would be even better. So what really is the latest?

I posted on this before:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3151136&postcount=14

This is my (now missing) HDS EDC B42XRGT with the Arc-4 style spring steel clip commissioned by Christoph a few years ago. I wouldn't think it'd be that hard or expensive to make a run of them with the slightly different current hole spacing.

hds-2.jpg

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
I hope there will be a new clip. I've been searching for a nice, low profile, bezel down clip for my Ra Clicky I got about 5 months ago. It's a great light, but for now, it just sits unused on my desk.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted on this before:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3151136&postcount=14

This is my (now missing) HDS EDC B42XRGT with the Arc-4 style spring steel clip commissioned by Christoph a few years ago. I wouldn't think it'd be that hard or expensive to make a run of them with the slightly different current hole spacing.

hds-2.jpg

A real beaten HDS light... I like it a lot ! These light are made to be used, I'm sure they hate being shelf queen...

nbp

Flashaholic
Arrrgh! Signalprick, you keep showing your modded clip and it's awesome! I think you should buy a handful of clips fom Henry and cut them down and resell them. They'd be cheaper than some of the other customs, they look great, and they solve the problem of the clip grinding on the light when removing the battery compartment. I think they'd go fast. :paypal:

I'd send my clip to you for the SP treatment! :)

Or else Ill have to try to do it myself. I'll pobably mangle one or two in the process though. :shakehead:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrrgh! Signalprick, you keep showing your modded clip and it's awesome! I think you should buy a handful of clips fom Henry and cut them down and resell them. They'd be cheaper than some of the other customs, they look great, and they solve the problem of the clip grinding on the light when removing the battery compartment. I think they'd go fast. :paypal:

I'd send my clip to you for the SP treatment! :)

Or else Ill have to try to do it myself. I'll pobably mangle one or two in the process though. :shakehead:

Hey man thank you for the kind words. I don't think I'll be getting into the clip modding business anytime soon buddy! I'm in the middle of trying to move my family up to Red Wing, MN. Start a different job within my company and 5 weeks away from a new baby boy! So I'm pretty busy rights now! :D I will say though my initial impression is that I do prefer the modded clip to the custom Ti clip!

If your feeling froggy here is what I did to mine. First I decided on a length and then I cut it with a hack saw. I used a vise and a pair of lineman pliers to make the bends. To thin it out I masked it off with masking tape and marked where I wanted to grind. I used a dremmel tool with a sanding wheel and just followed my lines carefully. I used a metal ruler to make sure my lines were straight and softened the edges when I was done. Then I peeled the tape off and gave it a couple blasts of flat black spray paint and wallah!

I got a shiny clip with the new light so I hope to have some time to do the same to that one this weekend, then I have a guy who will bead blast my custom Ti bezel and my modded clip when I'm done. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Anyway if your not wanting to try the grinding yourself after I get all moved and settled in I will hook you up with a clip. :D Might be a month or so though? Thanks again!

Jason

nbp

Flashaholic
Wow! You are a busy dude! I can imagine clicky clips are not high on the priority list. It's all good man. :)

I have a black and a shiny clip, so maybe I'll try cutting one down and see how it goes. Thanks for the instructions! I'll see how it goes, and if I really jack it up, I may take you up on that offer afterwhile. :oops: