• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPF: Naibender SUPER custom TRIPLE SST-90 Mag-Lite

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:( I blew one of the engines on my Boston Whaler so I need some repair funds especially after paying the tax man last week. I picked this one up from Jeff (Camaro09) who had it custom made by Nailbender (Dave). I used it for about two minutes to blind my staff and show off a little and now it is time for another "CATCH and RELEASE" I know nothing about the technical side of the components but I like COOL toys and this is definitely one of the finest money can buy using the latest and greatest goodies. I can't even remember what I paid for it but I will start it off at $500 including batteries and a charger delivered in the USA. PayPal gift option preferred or add 3% for fees. I am going to include Jeff's info to accurately tell the tale of this treasure!!!

I just recieved this today and am in love with it already!! It is a Triple SST-90 in a 2D Magelite host made by nailbender. It runs on 3 IMR 26500 cells and has a 8 level D2Flex dimmer switch. I asked Dave to run a couple OTF lumens tests before he sent me the light so I could see some actual lumen readings.

Here are his numbers,
8) over limit ( above 3000lumen)
7) 2562 lumen
6) 1887 lumen
5) 1300 lumen
4) 905 lumen

With such small reflectors this is mostly a floody light but has the sheer power to completly light up a field very well. I have not had the chance to really use this in the dark woods of northern Minnesota yet, but think it will pass with flying colors.

Dave put some glow power in the epoxy that holds the reflectors in place and look very cool.
2b883d1c.jpg

5d7406e7.jpg

It is by far the brightest LED light ive ever seen and am very happy with it. On high the light emitted is very warm feeling more than a foot away from the light, but it is no paper lighter lol. How about we let the pictures speak for me.
3a6b2546.jpg
c610fdbe.jpg

04f9d421.jpg
05665418.jpg

Here is just a couple beamshots I took tonight. Please go easy on me being these are the first beam shots ive ever taken and did them in a hurry. Distance to the trees is around 40 yards and all lights are pointing to where the trees and payment meet. The only two lights I have that even compare to my triple SST-90 are my Malkoff Wildcat and my truck headlights :devil:. Not sure what the headlights are rated at but it was the low beams of a 1999 Ford F-150. All pictures are pretty close to what the eye sees except for the remainder of spill past the range of the photo. Thanks for looking. :thumbsup:

The Malkoff Wildcat rated at 600 actual lumens at turn on.
75adb218.jpg

My 1999 Ford F-150 headlights on low.
4530641e.jpg

The Triple SST-90 on high rated at over 3000 actual lumens.
57d9e1cc.jpg

I just cant get enough of this portable SUN. I was aiming both lights just above the hot tub. Also both light are similar in beam pattern and hotspot with the SST-90 only having a slightly brighter hotspot. Distance to corner of back wall above the hot tub is about 52 feet.

Control Shot____________________Malkoff M60w MC-E______________Triple SST-90
1085d10c.jpg
8dd3ac27.jpg
4af76347.jpg

Last edited:

camaro09

Enlightened
Re: Naibender SUPER custom TRIPLE SST-90 Mag-Lite

Say it isnt so Karl...:(

If I wasnt completly tapped out at the moment, Id buy this back in a heartbeat. ;)

I can even try and field any questions folks have to the best of my knowledge about the light.

Great pictures BTW :nana:

camaro09

Enlightened

LOL it IS a sick beast!!! :sssh: Shhh dont tell anyone but I tried to look into the Triple SST-90 on high and couldnt do it but for just a split second... It is soooo DANG bright. Made me smile every time for the short while I owned it.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love that this exists.
gives me some faith in humanity ;)

if I made more than 15k a year (musician)
I would be all over this.

Last edited:

pee10755

Newly Enlightened

Any guess on what the run time of the beast would be on hi?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about the Whaler!!!

....oh, nice light also. Good luck and hope you get back on the water soon.

MSax

camaro09

Enlightened

Any guess on what the run time of the beast would be on hi?

Your runtime on high will be limited to heat before your batteries will run down. I know on level 8 or "high" it would get hot in a min or two. High level is more of a burst mode due to excessive heat and the fact that the reflectors are held in with epoxy and then held down by the lens. lol you don't want to melt the epoxy.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trade arrangement pending...back up offers still pending. :mecry:This is an unbelievable custom and hats off to Jeff (Camaro09) for having the vision of building such a magnificent torch! :twothumbs Credit goes to Nailbender too for offering so much to the forum that we wouldn't have without his contributions! :kiss:

monkeyknife

Newly Enlightened
Very nice :) I am interested and have funds available if its still for sale.

Thanks,

Dave