Mag 6D back to incan :-) Q?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, i was running the great terralux 300m dropin, but thats in something else now, so the 6D's back to incan, the stock ( albeit on dying cells) bulb was a shock ! no where near as bright as even my low standards haha.
ive herd i can run a 5cell bulb, or i could get the magnum star 6 cell. which is the brighter / nicer route ? can a 5 cell magnum take 6 cells ?
thanks Guys
:)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can run a 5 Cell magnum star in a 6 cell light. I'm running one in a mag 5D with 6C cells now. I've also put together two Mag 2D's with 6AA and 5 cell magnum stars for co-workers. All lights running ALKALINES. I almost like this bulb better than my ROP's(almost)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Any reason not to use the ROP-L (3854-L)? An amazing bulb on 6x NiMH or 6x Alkaline - decent runtimes as well, and the stock plastic Mag parts seem to hold up to the heat. (Any opinions on the heat issue with that?)

Last edited:

mrartillery

Enlightened
Just how much output would you like? ROP is a nice choice. My 6D that im working on now is powered by 7 IMR 26500's with a Osram 64656 and a FM3-X, complete except for the IMR's which I plan on ordering within the next week! Cant wait! :cool:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I would just run the maglite magnum star xenon 6 cell lamp, it will likely be more reliable and longer lasting than the 5 cell lamp.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
idk man, back in the days when more cells meant brighter flashlight, 6d mag was reasonable, now, IMO, it has to be extremely bright to justify such a bulky light. at least 100w halogen.
but if you don't feel it worth spending $$, on this club, take ebow86's advice.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
just looking for cheapish reliable, -readily avaliable parts (uk) where can i get a bi pin socket from ? Kaidomain is soldout ?
thanks

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, if i go for the bi pin ( great price by the way ) what bulb would be recomended for a stock 6d ( or 7c ? ) setup. ?

mrartillery

Enlightened
thanks, if i go for the bi pin ( great price by the way ) what bulb would be recomended for a stock 6d ( or 7c ? ) setup. ?

If you're going to use the bi pin, then maybe you should consider a MagCharger bulb, they're fairly cheap and readily available and will power up nicely on 6 D NiMh's. MagCharger bulb has a very low amp draw too, which will generate some long run times with a high capacity NiMh's.