Circuit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yclo

Flashaholic*
3watt.jpg

(Borrowed this picture from that 3W topic, hope you don't mind Peter)

Just wanted to know, on the top right hand side there is an R and a C component, which is which? I'm refering to the black and brown SMD parts.

-YC

McGizmo

Flashaholic
YC,

I think the black is the R and the brown is the C. Do I win? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Don wins the prize. yclo, if you are gonna mod the circuit, I suggest you short across the R, so all you have is the C. An easy way to do this is to remove the R and rotate the C so that the two traces go through the capacitor only.

CM

yclo

Flashaholic*
Congratulations Don! You've won!!!!

Your prize is the black R SMD component, it will be in its way to you once I stuff it in a bottle and throw it into the sea. 2% chance of arrival with ETA being about 3~5 years.

Thanks CM,

That was just what I was going to do, since it was the most simple of all things. The others will require more SMD parts which I lack.

-YC

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The RC circuit is for loop compensation. Setting R=0 improves the control loop's transient response. If you see flickering during transition out of regulation, you can make this transition a bit more graceful by setting R to a very low value.

CM

Status
Not open for further replies.