Disappointed the Fenix TK red filter does not fit the Eagltac T20C2 MKII..

somename

Newly Enlightened
I really like the thread on filters by Eagletac but was going to order some Quark lights and decided to order some Fenix filters as well.

I thought the RED Fenix-TK filter would be a close fit or maybe even a little tight, I was competely wrong.

Fenix-TK filter says it fits the TK11, TK10, etc and those lights say a head diameter of 34mm or 1.3385827 inches (website specs).

The Eagletac T20C2 MKII bezel diameter is 1.4 inches or 35.56mm (website specs).

So I would have thought the T20C2 head would be almost too big. When I tried to fit the two together the Eagletac head is small enough that it can shake back and forth in the fiter and the steel bezel can be see from the other side of the red lens, so a fall onto the filter would make the bezel crack the filter almost certainly.

So I guess this means the Fenix TK11, TK12, and TK20 have a larger head diameter than the Eagletac T20C2 MKII ?

Anyone have any side by side picture to show the difference?

I'll probably just try using an O-ring on the end of the T20C2 MKII if I'm going to use the Fenix filter. I just wanted to compare different manufactures and see which is deeper red. I think the Eagletac is darker red, but I'd need to take side by side pictures to confirm. I also think with the Fenix filter the T20C2 will shine further, but once again I'll need to take pictures to be sure and I haven't tested it outside yet.

Both have their advantages, I like that the Fenix is a quick on and off, but I also like the Eagletac threading since it will stay in place and not leak and "white" like out messing up night vision and or giving away your position.

Just thought I'd mention this if anyone considering other accessories for their Eagletac.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
'll probably just try using an O-ring on the end of the T20C2 MKII if I'm going to use the Fenix filter. I just wanted to compare different manufactures and see which is deeper red. I think the Eagletac is darker red, but I'd need to take side by side pictures to confirm.

You're probably not missing much if the Fenix filter doesn't fit. In my experience the Fenix ones are not really red enough - more a sort of reddish orange at best. If you can return it and get the Eagletac one instead you'd probably be better off anyway.