Jetbeam JET-1 pro v3.0 with R2 tint query

wattsoccurring

Newly Enlightened
I've been hankering after this light for a while but really want a warm/neutral tint. I had thought this meant getting one with a Q3 5A emitter - seemed simple at the time. Now however I only see them as advertised with R2 emitters but still claiming to be 'warm' - http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/jetbeam/jetbeam-jeti-v3.html ??
I know things move quickly these days, so have I missed something? Are there warm/neutral tinted R2s about?
I have a Fenix TK20 and love the neutral tint from that. I'd just like something similar in a 1AA / 14500 format as well.
Cheers. (sorry if this is a daft question :))

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your getting confused comparing new XP-E emitters with the old XR-E series that included the Q2, Q5, R2 etc.

Last edited:

hazna

Enlightened
I've been hankering after this light for a while but really want a warm/neutral tint. I had thought this meant getting one with a Q3 5A emitter - seemed simple at the time. Now however I only see them as advertised with R2 emitters but still claiming to be 'warm' - http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/jetbeam/jetbeam-jeti-v3.html ??
I know things move quickly these days, so have I missed something? Are there warm/neutral tinted R2s about?
I have a Fenix TK20 and love the neutral tint from that. I'd just like something similar in a 1AA / 14500 format as well.
Cheers. (sorry if this is a daft question :))

I believe there are neutral R4's so I would not be surprised if neutral R2s are available. I doubt this is the case of the jetbeam though. It would be best to check with the supplier, but as far as I am aware the jetbeam I is available in cool-white R2 or neutral Q3-5A.

I believe what has happened is the supplier has copy-pasted specifications for the cool-white R2. He has probably run out of the cool-whites, and only has warm tinted Q3-5A available (hence it is the only one selectable). Once again, its probably best you check with the jetbeam dealer to be sure.