Did I get some decent lights?

txdude321

Newly Enlightened
so today I had some extra $$ to spend so i figured what the heck why not go get some flashlights, I have been browsing around this Forum for quite sometime now and i am secretly becoming my own flashaholic . Well today I went to the local Police supply store and low and behold they had the newest version of the Surefire E2D LED Defender with the 200 lumen head, NIB Priced at $141 I snagged that in a heart beat. But even after buying that light i still had an itchin for another flashlight (yes wheres the support group?) so i started looking around and noticed they carried alot of streamlights so i was looking around and I saw one that really cought my eye it was the Streamlight Strion LED flashlight that has 160 lumens on high a med and low setting with a strobe, and to boot its even rechargeable with its own stand and everything they were asking $96 for it with the House/car charger included NIB...

I was wondering if these lights are decent quality or if i could have gotten a better light?

Heres what i got
Surefire E2D LED defender
Streamlight Strion led with rechargable stand/ car charger
and 6 cr123 batteries
my total all together with tax rounded out to be $260

Whats ur take???

txdude321

Newly Enlightened
I also went back and got a Holster for the strion and while i was there I discovered the Maglite XL100 and I just had to get it too.. all in all i say I had a prety good day buying flashlights lol urgh im so addicted now

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sounds like you've made a serious start. Nice choices. But go slow. You'll empty your wallet and lose interest in no time.

Geoff

JCD

Enlightened
I was wondering if these lights are decent quality or if i could have gotten a better light?

Heres what i got
and 6 cr123 batteries

Whats ur take???

I have only minimal experience with Streamlight (all positive), but SureFire is definitely a high quality light.

sfca

Enlightened

Heres what i got
and 6 cr123 batteries

Whats ur take???

When I got an E2DL last summer, I realized I actually had all I needed.
ohgeez.gif
All the "tactical-like" 2XCR123 lights didn't compare to the build, and ergonomics of this light - and the great warranty!!
Granted, when I broke the clip I asked for an LX2 clip instead.. Even better.

There are brighter lights out now (XP-G) but in terms of throwers and any of the previous incarnations of the Fenix TK series, Olight M20, Eagletac T20C2, etc, etc.. You lucked out.
You bought the 1 light in my opinion that will make you lose sight of even wanting to try out the "other" lights. (thereby saving you $$)
icon12.gif

:welcome:

JCD

Enlightened
You bought the 1 light in my opinion that will make you lose sight of even wanting to try out the "other" lights. (thereby saving you $$)
icon12.gif

I have to disagree. You'll be so impressed with the E2DL that you'll want to check out a bunch of other SureFire models to see what they are all about! :naughty: