Help me compare these two 14500 batteries.

ky70

Banned
Hello folks,

I have an AW 14500 and a Trustfire blue label 14500. Tonight I did a 30 minute runtime test using both batteries in the same flashlight on high. The AW measured at 4.16v before the test and after 30 minutes on high the AW measured 3.79v. The Trustfire measured 4.14v before the test and after 30 minutes on high the Trustfire measured 3.64v.

The light used for the runtime test was the Zebralight SC50. I'm hoping you folks can tell me what conclusions I can draw from this test as I have no clue about things like draw, amperage, and so on. It's clear that the AW is outperforming the Trustfire but I'm hoping you guys can help me quantify the performance gap.

Thank You!!!!!

Last edited:

ky70

Banned
Hello folks,

I have an AW 14500 and a Trustfire blue label 14500. Tonight I did a 30 minute runtime test using both batteries in the same flashlight on high. The AW measured at 4.16v before the test and after 30 minutes on high the AW measured 3.79v. The Trustfire measured 4.14v before the test and after 30 minutes on high the Trustfire measured 3.64v.

The light used for the runtime test was the Zebralight SC50. I'm hoping you folks can tell me what conclusions I can draw from this test as I have no clue about things like draw, amperage, and so on. It's clear that the AW is outperforming the Trustfire but I'm hoping you guys can help me quantify the performance gap.

Thank You!!!!!

Bump:wave:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its shows that the AW brand 14500 has greater capacity than the other... Thus, longer runtimes are possible with the AW battery.