Jetbeam Rapter RRT-3

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
Wanted to if anyone knows when the Jetbeam Rapter RRT-3 might be coming out and what your thoughts are on it.

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
The Rapter 3 must be a really neat light I think I'm going to wait to see if someone comes out with a light that is just the size of the rapter 3 but has a SST-90 with a real 1200 lumins OTF that would be the perfect compremise.

jiuong

Newly Enlightened
The Rapter 3 must be a really neat light I think I'm going to wait to see if someone comes out with a light that is just the size of the rapter 3 but has a SST-90 with a real 1200 lumins OTF that would be the perfect compremise.

If it is to be the same size, the SST 90 will not be driven hard enough. Current SST 90 lights use six 18650s.:faint:

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
It's not available yet through bugoutgear. AHHH I've been waiting a month and they keep extending the ETA date! This sucks!!!

DarkoMaledictus

Newly Enlightened
It's not available yet through bugoutgear. AHHH I've been waiting a month and they keep extending the ETA date! This sucks!!!

Same here brother, ordered mine last week. Was supposed to be ready to ship by the 14... now its the 28... what gives?

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one on Bugoutusa but they were sold out, cancel my order and got one on ebay. This thing is awesome!

For my first Jetbeam light I am pretty impressed.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I'm waiting on my order from Bugoutgear from May 24th. I even sold off my M1X since I didn't realize that the RRT-3 was out of stock at the time. Oh well, nothing to do but wait at this point.

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine in May as well. I wanna see how it holds up to my catapult. I ordered and received the mount and handle almost a month ago but no light!!! I'm going crazy but I'm also cheap. 260 is better than 325 plus shipping on ebay.

5horns

Newly Enlightened
Don't beatup BugOutGearUSA for the delays. He's at the mercy of his suppliers, who are on the other side of the planet and have their own holidays and work schedules. Besides if the delays are due to production problems, I would rather be patient than receive a defective unit.

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
I understand that but posting an ETA without any clue at all isn't right either. If they don't know when to expect them then just say sold out but don't change the ETA every two weeks in hope that people will purchase it thinking they'll only have to wait two weeks but then find out it was never coming on the date posted. I'll wait like the rest I just don't like the way they do business or at least on this particular item.

Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
i feel sorry for you guys. I'm lucky to have a local distributor delivering it right to my door step. I'm getting mine in 2 hours time. :naughty: Please don't hate me...

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
Let me know what you think when u get it. I'll just wait patiently for mine.:mad:

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Don't beatup BugOutGearUSA for the delays.

I'm not going to beat up on BugOutGear, I've purchased just about all of my JetBeams from Flavio as well as several other lights. Anything new that JetBeam introduces that looks good to me will most likely be purchased from them as well.

I just don't recall seeing anything on the page when I was ordering it that notified me that it was currently out of stock. I might have missed it, but I've noticed it in the past on other purchases and usually I wait until something is in stock when it is a regular production light. Nothing left to do but wait and make sure all of my 18650s are topped off. :)

Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
Let me know what you think when u get it. I'll just wait patiently for mine.:mad:

Got mine yesterday as promised by my local distributor. :grin2:
I'm surprised that mine came with the pressure switch and 3X 18650.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3426072#post3426072

I realized that the RRT-3 has a more pronounced clover shaped hotspot as compared to all my SST lights. (Catapult V1 and SR90). Let me know if you guys need white wall shots. I can try to do it tonight.

Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
Will you post indoor and outdoor beamhots?

Diggopaiva, I'm sorry, I forgot about your request. I can do indoor shots for the time being, cos its raining most of the nights here. Can't get a good shot outdoors. Here are some comparative shots from 3 of my SST lights

Catapult V1
_MG_9550_tn.jpg

Raptor 3
_MG_9551_tn.jpg

SR90
_MG_9552_tn.jpg

You'll notice that the RRT3 has a "ringier" beam as compared to the Cat and SR90. :shrug: Its a little disappointing to see it not being the prettiest here, but hardly noticeable in real world use.