Quark AA^2 R2 Prism Kit

rydude07

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!

I just ordered the quark aa2 R2 with prism kit.

How is the headband for the AA2? I have a small head so i am not too worried about the fit, but i understand that it may be too big or long for the front loop of the headband? How about just the light with the headband and using the loops by your ears? Does the AA2 fit fine?

How do you guys like the prism kit attached to the belt? Do you find it too low or is it good?

Thanks! Can't wait for it to ship out!!

Thanks again for putting up with my questions :twothumbs

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2AA is too big and wobbles around on your head. I use the prism hit (came free with my 2AA Tactical) on my EX10 and it works quite nicely.

The diffuser chops out a bit of light but the beam is silky smooth and makes a perfect reading light on low and good for general around the camp site ue.

If you want it for a head light, it's a bit of a comprimise as it's not very comfortable to wear for extended periods. Would be okay over a beanie.

rydude07

Newly Enlightened
The 2AA is too big and wobbles around on your head. I use the prism hit (came free with my 2AA Tactical) on my EX10 and it works quite nicely.

The diffuser chops out a bit of light but the beam is silky smooth and makes a perfect reading light on low and good for general around the camp site ue.

If you want it for a head light, it's a bit of a comprimise as it's not very comfortable to wear for extended periods. Would be okay over a beanie.

It still wobbles if used on one of the side loops near the ear?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no way a QuARK will fit in those side loops without stretching the elastic loops permanently out of shape.

rydude07

Newly Enlightened
There's no way a QuARK will fit in those side loops without stretching the elastic loops permanently out of shape.

Darn. Seems like the only way is to have it in the front loops but it will wobble too much. Sigh, I thought the headband would be pretty cool!

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
don't believe everything you read online. my side loops fit 1xaa lights just fine.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
The Nitecore headband works on AA or 123 based lights equally well.
Loop on the sides & in the center. Iv'e used it on everthing from a Dmini to a Quark Mini AA.
9 bucks or so. Cheap, vesatile & decent quality & allows you to use more than one light at a time (say 1 for throw 1 for flood).

rydude07

Newly Enlightened
The Nitecore headband works on AA or 123 based lights equally well.
Loop on the sides & in the center. Iv'e used it on everthing from a Dmini to a Quark Mini AA.
9 bucks or so. Cheap, vesatile & decent quality & allows you to use more than one light at a time (say 1 for throw 1 for flood).

It works with the quark aa2 and fenix ld20?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't believe everything you read online. my side loops fit 1xaa lights just fine.

Pictures please. Maybe 4Sevens updated the Prism since last year?

Ragistra, after using 1xAA lights in the side loops does it snap back enough to hold a Preon or other 1xAAA lights (which is primarily what the side loops are intended for)?

Last edited:

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
Pictures please. Maybe 4Sevens updated the Prism since last year?

Ragistra, after using 1xAA lights in the side loops does it snap back enough to hold a Preon or other 1xAAA lights (which is primarily what the side loops are intended for)?
it's elastic, it returns to normal just fine.

mine came out of the first batch.

btw, where does it say the side loops were only for aaa lights? the literature shows AA/cr123 sized lights being used in them.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's elastic, it returns to normal just fine.

mine came out of the first batch.

btw, where does it say the side loops were only for aaa lights? the literature shows AA/cr123 sized lights being used in them.

The fact they are smaller loops on the side than the front loop should be a dead giveaway what they are for.

Incan

Newly Enlightened
I got the free prism kit too. the diffuser is nice in the right situation. i wouldnt get too excited about the headband. i love that R2 version of the quark, though.