Mod Advice For My Surefire Lights

DeerBear 2000

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys Need help on modifying my surefire lights 6P, 9P and C2 centurion. I would like to put one on a AR one on a night stand and one to carry. I was looking at the Malkoff M61. I need some advice from you flashaholic on drop-ins and battery options. Thanks Craig

JCD

Enlightened
Hi Guys Need help on modifying my surefire lights 6P, 9P and C2 centurion. I would like to put one on a AR one on a night stand and one to carry. I was looking at the Malkoff M61. I need some advice from you flashaholic on drop-ins and battery options. Thanks Craig

Put the M61 in the 6P and install it on the AR. (Use primary cells when it's on the weapon.)

Put a SureFire P91 lamp assemble in the C2 and power it with 2x AW IMR16340 rechargeable cells. The runtime won't be very long, so you'll probably want spare cells. (AW brand notwithstanding, IMR16340 cells are the only cells that will safely run the P91 in a C2.)

Leave the stock P90 lamp assembly in the 9P, and get 2x AW P17500 rechargeable cells for it. (Don't try to run the P91 with the P17500 cells. If you need the P91 in the 9P, use primary cells.)

You'll likely find the P91 is quite a bit brighter than the other two. The P90 and M61 will be pretty similar in output, but the M61 will run longer.

Last edited:

justlux

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff M60 in the Surefire 6P.

Bore out the Surefire C2 to fit a 18650 and buy a Dereelight 3SD R2 and smooth reflector. You will have to email Alan first.

Keep the 9P as it is, or you could go with the multi power Dereelight R2 drop in.