Olight M30 opinions?

shipwreck

Enlightened
I read the review on this site about the M30 Olight. Apparently the cycling of the light is a problem for some people - they can see the light flicker at certain brightness levels.

The light interests me at the pricepoint and build quality - cheaper than the $150+ of other bright lights. But this is my only concern.

CM2010

Enlightened
Ive got a M30 and have always been slightly disappointed with its output,no complaints with its build quality but the side switch can be abit tricky to locate in the dark.

I also own a TK30 and i find this much better aswell as brighter,have you thought about this light?

carrot

Flashaholic
I like my M30. Build quality is excellent, output is excellent. I do not have problems with the other modes because I only use the high output level, and since it offers near perfect regulation for 1:30 on high with two 18650s, i am happy.

If I need a dimmer light I'll use something else. When I want bright, the Olight works for me.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Ive got a M30 and have always been slightly disappointed with its output,no complaints with its build quality but the side switch can be abit tricky to locate in the dark.

I also own a TK30 and i find this much better aswell as brighter,have you thought about this light?

Well, I was trying to find something at this brightness level w/o hitting the $140-$150 price point. I found one place that sold the M30 for a really good price.

The battery life to 50% on these do not look that great, however.

The Eagletac M1X is nice, but it is $150 - and its a pain to put the rear click switch on. The TK40 is bigger than I really want. The Jetbeam M1X is a nice light - but I do not like what I have read about the build quality problems some are having here.

Now, I'm kind of looking at the ITP Polestar A6

carrot

Flashaholic
shipwreck take a close look at the battery life to 50% on 4x123 or 2xLi-Ion. It is very good on high.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I'll check it again. The flickering of the light is my main concern.

For the money, I thought I had decided on the iTP A6 Polestar. It's not as super bright as others, but the price and size is right. However, I now see 1 problem - some people report a buzzing noise on high.

It seems that every light I look at has 1 issue that bugs me.

I'm mainly looking for something brighter than my EagleTac T20C2 MKII and EagleTac P20C2 MKII. These two lights impress me, without any real downfalls. But, it seems like there is 1 issue or another with the bigger and brighter lights.