• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Confused with Eiger options.

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in nabbing myself an Eiger in Brass but the options list confuses me.
I see that they list some battery options with 2x batteries but the light doesn't look long enough to use 2xnimh's.
Does it come with an extension tube? Or do i have to buy an additional tube?

The other thing im curious about is the price. No matter the option my browser doesn't change the price, is 39.95 correct for any combination?

rider

Newly Enlightened
Brass Peak Eiger battery tubes.

From the back:
2xAAA / 10440
AAA / 10440 lug body
10280 keychain body
10280 lug body
10180 pocket body

peak%20eiger%20brass%20bodies.jpg

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the pics, but how do i go about getting the 2xAAA model? I dont see it listed in the options for 2x10440, just single as far as i can tell. I might be missing something though, i tend to skim over stuff and miss things so ill go look again.

rider

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the pics, but how do i go about getting the 2xAAA model? I dont see it listed in the options for 2x10440, just single as far as i can tell. I might be missing something though, i tend to skim over stuff and miss things so ill go look again.

Boilerplate answer: Call Peak and they'll get you set up. It's probably impossible to order this via the website at this moment.

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, thank you very much! I'll put in a call as soon as i can then. I really like the idea of a brass light and 2xAAA is more along the lines of what id want.

Curt R

Enlightened
You can use 2 x AAA Alkaline, NiMH or 1.6 volt Lithium batteries in the 2 x AAA battery compartment. If you
use 2 x 10440 3.6 volt Lithium-Ion batteries:poof::sick2: go the LED and electronics. That is why it is not
listed as 2 x 10440.

And not all of our options are listed on the web site until we get a new one. You can order that through Bob
at RMSK, give him a call at 877-327-0136. If he does not have it in stock, we can drop ship it to you.

Curt

Last edited:

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the response :) I wont be able to call until tomorrow. If by chance you read this prior, do you know offhand if the 2xAAA will cost a bit more?

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Hey Grim, don't hesitate on picking up a 2XAAA body because Peaks make for great 2XAAA or 2XAA cell configurations with their momentary switches or even in their stock configuration. They are perfect around the house lights and I would even EDC them but I am not big on holsters so I EDC my single cell Peaks. From what I recall, the extra body shouldn't be terribly expensive so you may be able to grab the 1XAAA and the 2XAAA so you can switch from around the house to a key chain carry or just grab two separate lights, should funding not be too much of an issue. If you do get two different bodies and just one head, I also suggest picking up one of their Delrin end caps to keep the batteries in their proper tubes while switching heads. I hear the stainless steel 2XAAA makes a great shirt pocket light. I just picked up a 2XAA Stainless Steel McKinley over in the marketplace and I really love that light, great thread quality and their brass isn't too shabby either.

As for Peaks Eiger options being confusing, well after you figure in three or four different body materials, four or five different body configurations and eight power levels, what could be confusing?:poke:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for Peaks Eiger options being confusing, well after you figure in three or four different body materials, four or five different body configurations and eight power levels, what could be confusing?:poke:

I wish they'd list these 17 things and say "Call us," right on their web site.

Curt R

Enlightened
Just to muddy up the water a little bit more, we also have three beam patterns for the Eiger.

The old wide reflector had a 3.5 ratio of light input, (in Lux), to light output. The new wide optic ratio
is 4.2 to 1. The medium optic ratio is 9.1 to 1. The old narrow reflector ratio was 10 to 1 and the
new real spot optic is 10.6 to 1. The ratio difference from one to the next may not sound like a lot,
but with such a small diameter light not much more can be expected. The ratio of the Logan using the
CR123A battery is 26.6 to one.

The test was with an XP-G LED driven at .32 Amps and 2.9 volts, the bare bulb reading a one meter was 25.5 Lux.

Any of the new optics can go into any head material and be driven at any power level. We will ship some
at #8 and #6 to Bob at RMSK by the end of next week for stock. If a different power level is required, let
Bob know and he can get it drop shipped to you when built.

Curt

Last edited:

brett09

Newly Enlightened
The old narrow reflector ratio was 10 to 1 and the
new real spot optic is 10.6 to 1.
Curt

Just curious, I was about to order an eiger today, narrow and power level #6, before I came across this thread. Would I be getting the older reflector or the newer optic? I'd prefer the newer version if possible.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Just to muddy up the water a little bit more, we also have three beam patterns for the Eiger.Curt
Yeah, I haven't fully integrated all of the new options since the new optics and LEDS have come along.:ohgeez:Still trying to decide which one(s)I want, the only problem is that there is nothing wrong with my old peaks.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy, there are now 2 new reasons for an upgrade - XPG LED AND a narrow optic option. I have the #4 rebel with a narrow reflector that I like a lot. Maybe I should get a stainless steel version this time around?? Decisions.

I wonder how the overall beam of the new Eiger narrow optic looks. The narrow reflector has a pretty good amount of spill.

I like the narrow optic beam on the El Captain since it has a decent spill to it.

Curt R

Enlightened
The older optic was for the Rebel LED, the newer ones are for the XP-G.

Curt

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the responses, i really appreciate it! Although, today i had some financial issues come up so im going to have to put my Eiger on hold for atleast a few weeks :( Once i get things settled money-wise again im definatly calling to put an order up for the 2xAAA!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still trying to figure out if a 1xAAA/10440 body Eiger can be had with the clicky switch the 2xAAA is shown with in the picture rider provided above (thanks BTW since I was puzzled at the different body types on the website as no picture was shown to determine what each type looked like.)

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still trying to figure out if a 1xAAA/10440 body Eiger can be had with the clicky switch the 2xAAA is shown with in the picture rider provided above (thanks BTW since I was puzzled at the different body types on the website as no picture was shown to determine what each type looked like.)

It's actually a momentary switch that you can thread-in after removing the key chain attachment. For constant on just tighten the head.
So, yes, order a key bodied 10440 Eiger with an optional momentary switch (in Brass, or SS!).

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Jabe1 said.

The very same momentary switch (in either brass or SS) fits all (at least all that I have) Peak mountain and ocean series lights... but only those configured as keychain like this El Capitan:

IMG0007.jpg

Keychain post and battery contact
can be replaced with momentary

Some Peak bodies have been built from tube rather than from solid stock. In these, the momentary (or keychain post and battery contact) fits into an adapter that in turn screws into the threaded body:

IMG0021-3-1.jpg

Note also that the momentary cannot be used with either the "pocket" or "lug" bodies:

IMG0007-6-1.jpg

Last edited: