Pocket Throwers

Grady

Newly Enlightened
Is there any great pocket throwers out there that can throw 300-400 yards, without having to go to the big guns?
Maybe something that ran off 2xrcr123 or 1x18650 (rechargable).
What's the best?

Nos

Enlightened
hmmmm a torch in the 50000 lux region can do this. You will need something like Tiablo A10 or a aspherical with a ~50mm lens.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo A10 or Solarforce Masterpiece Pro 1. The Pro 1 will match the A10 with a UCL lens. Lighthound sells it as an option for $6 extra. It is a pretty reasonably priced light. Lumapower just released the Turbo-Force head also for the D-mini's. I just posted pics this morning in "the new king of throw". It beats the A10 and Pro 1.

Grady

Newly Enlightened
Tiablo A10 or Solarforce Masterpiece Pro 1. The Pro 1 will match the A10 with a UCL lens. Lighthound sells it as an option for $6 extra. It is a pretty reasonably priced light. Lumapower just released the Turbo-Force head also for the D-mini's. I just posted pics this morning in "the new king of throw". It beats the A10 and Pro 1.

But can it beat the throw of the Tiablo A10 with the aspherical lens?

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
But can it beat the throw of the Tiablo A10 with the aspherical lens?

You must mean A9 Aspherical lens. Not quite, but they are pretty close. The stock A9A is doing about 60,000-65,000 lux. I'm guessing this light is about 55,000 lux. The hot-spots of the A10, MP Pro 1, and LP Turboforce head are almost the same size as the Aspherical spot. I'm looking to get a UCL for this which should add at least 8%. That should put it up around 60,000 lux, so it's gonna be about the same as an A9 Aspheric when I'm done with it. I have 1.4 Amp driver boards too. Although this one is pulling hard already at 1.2 Amps. It's no slouch with the stock pill.

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll need at least a 2.25" diameter flashlight to throw 300 yards. Your choices are Tiablo A10, Solarforce Masterpiece Pro 1, Jet-beam RRT-1 (barely) or an Aspheric such as Tiablo A9 or DBS Aspheric. There is nothing else "coat pocket" sized I'm aware of that will throw reasonably to 300 yards.