P60-Style Drop-Ins... Maximum Lumens, available to buy today.

yalskey

Enlightened
I've heard about the triple drop-in, and I think somebody else is working on a quad drop-in too... but the problem is I can't get a hold of them.

So, simple question...

I have a P60 host (Dereelight CL1H v4) and I want the absolute most lumens possible out-the-front. And I want to be able to actually BUY the thing somewhere (store or online). Lastly, I don't want to do any involved mods or crazy crap like hooking the thing up to the side of a nuclear power plant.

I'm putting out about 600 lumens OTF right now. Any way to get 1200 or more OTF?

Maybe I'm getting too greedy.

sfca

Enlightened
3 - 5 months
Just hold out for now.
Hahaha what's the meaning of this? ;)

And yes yalskey you are getting too greedy!:crackup:
That said though, anything of that output couldn't be achieved with CR123s and with 18650 wouldn't run as long as you might like.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you'r putting out 600 OTF, you are pretty much at the top of readily available P60 dropins (what are you running now?) There are a few sst-50 and 90 dropins out there that might give you some more lumens, but not TERRIBLY much more.

The triples and quads, especially those pushing 1000+ lumens are tough to find (or not out yet). You might (MIGHT) also had trouble getting those OTF lumens depending on what switch, etc you have in your host. You mention nmot wanting to do any crazy mods, what about replacing the switch? I don't even know if the McClicky plus brass would work with your host. Or the new "zero resistance" mod that I saw today that claims to be good for 200 lumens on some dropins.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say get a Nailbender SST-50 or SST-90 or Linger Cool special.

You could wait for the Quad XP-G R5 you mentioned and purchase the copper version.

Even having the $260 dollar drop-in your hosts still needs:

• UCL AR coated lens
  • Moddoo Zero Resistance mod
  • A good IMR 18650 or AW 2600mAh 18650
  • Flat bezel, no teeth or tactical stuff to rob lumens
  • No shock Isolation
  • Good luck getting low vF XP-G's and yes this is a coin toss
  • AS5 where needed
I think you should get a Surefire 6P type hosts bored out because that way you could purchase Moddoo ZERO Resistance Mod that works with the stock twisties.

bigC