Review of JetBeam holster

garilla

Newly Enlightened
miserable state of NJ, actually it is only the pol
Just got the JetBeam holster. I obtained this holster from the recent Flashlight Camping Weekend 6 (FCW-6 2010) the holster was generously provided by Bug Out Gear for the FCW-6 campers to evaluate and then put up for raffle. I was lucky enough to win the JetBeam Holster and take it home. Thanks Bug Out Gear! :)
100_0764_cr.jpg

Easily fits my Phoebus 1AA light. Has velcro to hold down the flap so it is adjustable in size for longer lights. This particular model will hold AA sized lights like the Phoebus NightShift.
100_0765_cr.jpg

The back of the holster has velcro and a snap so you can put it over a belt loop or over a belt and it will be snug and non moviing. There is also a metal loop provided for lashing it to other gear. Made of nylon which is thick and holds it's form when the light is removed. I recommend this holster for AA lights of this size. Works well over a belt loop when not wearing a belt as the holster sits sideways instead of the usual up and down fashion.
100_0766_cr.jpg

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Thanks for the review garilla, I would agree with your assessment as I also just picked up a holster for my JB Jet 1 v3 and it definitely is very sturdy and well-made. I would, however, add a couple of points:

Positives
- The holster allows you to carry the Jet 1 v3 either bezel up or down (I prefer bezel down)

Negatives
- The metal accessory ring (for lack of better term) is not removable
- If you place your Jet 1 v3 bezel up, the folded nylon underneath the opening of the holster is only stitched at the top so the lower part grabs onto the 2-way clip and makes it difficult to remove the light. I'm trying to find a way to either glue down the flap of nylon or maybe I'll use a lighter and melt it so it stays out of the way. Luckily, carrying it bezel down eliminates this problem.