O-Ring problem with E1e and E2e

McGizmo

Flashaholic
JKnight,

I have noticed this problem on occasion as well. Try lubbing the O-ring and you may find that the reduced friction will allow the O-ring to pop into the seat where it is designed to reside.

- Don

BradN

Newly Enlightened
On my E1, the oring was a bit small so I used an urethane oring to replace it with. Now it's much harder to turn on, but not too hard that you can't turn it with one hand. I build paintball guns so I have a large selection of orings floating around the shop. I can get you the size if you like.

If you don't like the clip, I'll gladly trade you my new E1 body for it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Call SureFire. There is this thin black ring that goes between the o-ring and the body so that the o-ring doesn't get forced out of the Clip attachment point.
I'm sure SureFire will sort you out with one.

Al

SuRgE

Enlightened
Size15s,

Is this ring you mention suppose to be on the light from the factory. I just got my E2E Elite last week and my concerns are the same as Jknight.
No ring and the o-ring squeezes out.

pk

Photon King
Guys,

I'll post you a part number tomorrow for that washer Al was referring.
Don't worries, SF will provide you that washer to concerned users?

pk

JKnight

Newly Enlightened
I really hate the clip on my E1e and decided to remove it when I switched to the KL1 head. The problem is that when you tighten down the head without the clip in place the O-ring squeezes out into the void where the clip used to be. This must do wonders for the water resistance of the light.

After a few days I decided that I hated seeing the O-ring sticking out more than I hate the clip so I put the clip back on. When I reinstalled the clip I noticed if you look closely at the clip while its in place there is still enough room for the O-ring to go behind the clip. I wonder if the O-ring is always in this void and the clip just conceals it? This got me thinking, I wonder if these lights are leaking at this spot and not the lens.

Any thoughts?

nihraguk

Enlightened
pk:
surefire customer service has always been great, but why wasn't the washer included with the E2e(s) initially? i checked mine and it doesn't have the washer either. mine leaks through the lens though, not the o-ring.

pk

Photon King
Please be advised that this washer is
intended to USE WITH NEW BODIES ONLY.
Some older version of flashlight body may not work properly with this washer.
Because, additional thickness of washer may create gap between the lamp metal ring and body.
Nylon washer p/n is 14872-1.
Hope this helps.

pk

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
my E1e and E2eCJ didn't even come with one!
icon13.gif
bluesigh.gif
rolleyes.gif
icon8.gif

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
My E2e-HA has only one O-ring at the front, and it has the same squeezing-out problem when the clip is not used, as described above.

It's a pity that the Executive series isn't designed for two o-rings, like the larger 2-cells. I just ordered o-rings from homedepot.com and they made my 6P so much cooler.
smile.gif
The sizes are #53 for the switch side, and #30 for the bezel side.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Sean,

You and me are thinking alike, baby! The real sleeper body for the KL1 is the E1 or E2. Besides your stellar observation about the clip, a clipless body allows the light to be picked up in any sort of fashion and no matter how you grip it, it's the correct placement. There is no need to roll the light in your hand to orient it so that the clip is at the base of your fingers.

This isn't a mere rhetorical observation 'cause I've got two KL1s, an E1, E2, E1e and E2e and I've played with them all. Hmmm. It seems like I've got this thing for the Ex lights, doesn't it?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Jeff:
Sean,

You and me are thinking alike, baby! The real sleeper body for the KL1 is the E1 or E2. Besides your stellar observation about the clip, a clipless body allows the light to be picked up in any sort of fashion and no matter how you grip it, it's the correct placement. There is no need to roll the light in your hand to orient it so that the clip is at the base of your fingers.

This isn't a mere rhetorical observation 'cause I've got two KL1s, an E1, E2, E1e and E2e and I've played with them all. Hmmm. It seems like I've got this thing for the Ex lights, doesn't it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would just say that if you want a clip, the Elite series is the way to go. But don't buy an E1e or E2e and then take the clip off. If you want a clipless light, get the E1 or E2 and put either the Elite bezel on them or the KL1.

Or like Jeff has done, get them all!
grin.gif