Are UI's/Modes modable?

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
There are lots of "stock" lights I like, but I wish I could just change the modes and User interface.

I love my eagletac TCo2 MK II for example but to make it the perfect light I would only change the modes.

As is, with the bezel tight it comes on in high - 300 lumens and loose in Medium about 60 lumens. There are other modes but they take some fiddling with. I prefer having instant access to high and low before I turn the light on. (Of course everyone is different!) High for "shock and awe" value and low to preserve night vision. It comes with 3 well spaced modes. I'd prefer 5 though....Normally I like spacing of about 6X between lumens except for I'd love to have a higher high for a turbo boost that I wouldn't/couldn't leave on for very long.
The "stock" eagletac is roughly 300/60/12 lumens OTF with instant access to 300 and 12.
I'd like 400/280/50/8/1 with instant access to 400 and 8.

Anyways, my question is are the standard modes modable on any lights?

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
They could be if they where not digitally regulated.

If they're not, they usually have a potentiometer witch can be tapped into and you can make a dial that you turn to raise the lumens output.

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Yes it is. Its a 2006 625cc Dual sport. I put HID's in the headlamp, even though I don't even ride at night. Its street legal so I ride it around town.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Thanks HKJ - those look pretty cool!

I had a LC4 for a while I converted to supermotard and now have the newer 690. Nice bikes!