my shekor charger is a piece of ....

lets see here, i have had it less than a month and the left charging bay has already crapped out... if i tap the charger it will come back on and off, like there is a loose wire or short or something...is there a fix for this? or better yet, a better charger that is just as safe?

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
lets see here, i have had it less than a month and the left charging bay has already crapped out... if i tap the charger it will come back on and off, like there is a loose wire or short or something...is there a fix for this? or better yet, a better charger that is just as safe?
The Turnigy Accucel-6 will do what you want safely. It's only $22.99 plus shipping.

Nil Einne

Newly Enlightened
Although bear in mind you'll need a PSU and some sort of charging cradle (you could reuse the SheKor although then again considering the spring flaw may be not) or magnetic set up

If you have soldering skills and equipement you could open up the SheKor and see if you can find anything loose or not properly connected. Since it uses an external PSU it should be fairly safe if you don't do anything stupid like leave it connected to either a cell or power when opening but don't take my word for it.

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Open it up and have a look ... Usually just two or three screws ... One or more screws might be hidden under the label ... I've got an Ultrafire WF-137 that was giving trouble and it only had two screws of which one was hidden behind a label.

You might well be able to cure the problem without having to buy another charger ... Open it up , you have nothing to lose ... A badly soldered joint is the most likely problem ... If it was a short , ther might be an increase in temperature of the charger and possibly a smell of burning ... I would guess a badly soldered or a completely "dry" joint.

On the other hand , it might be the battery contact in the bay having too little tension.

It's great when you repair it yourself.