SWAT movie and Surefires (lots of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
Nothing in this post will ruin any plot or spoil anything for those that have not seen it yet....

I saw the new SWAT movie Saturday at the theater, and I have some comments I am amazed no one else has posted yet about the lights in the movie.

I saw lots of SF M6's mounted to weapons throught the whole movie, which was really cool. There was even an A2, and several SF handgun lights if I am correct. They never mentioned SF by name, but the lights are unmistakeable in shape and mounting location.

In EVERY case when the M6 was activated, it had the birghtness of a AA minimang flashlight AT BEST. There was no wall of light, or blinding beam. It even had rings of light like a minimag.

There was one scene were a guy had an M6 on an what looks like an AR-15 and pointed at a guys face about 2 foot away. There was just enough light to see his facial expressions for the camera. Again, I was thinking minimag with light rings.

I am sure they have to tone it down a bit for making the movies, but you think for realism at least SUREFIRE would want to be intimidating and powerful, or at least use an L1 or A4 which has no light rings or cold spots.

I wonder if Surefire had ANY say in this at all. Oh, and the movie was EXCELLENT.

Bill

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened
my girlfriend and I were laughing on the home about the scene where the bad guy was looking straight into the M4 mounted Surefire from about 2 feet away with his eyes wide open

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.