P 7 Suspenion Clips?

Zatx Woopyoax

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys.

Just got my new Nitecore D10 SP R2 in the mail (I'm a complete flashlight newb). Love the thing. The clip, though great, doesn't allow the light to sit low enough in my front pocket.

I've seen some people mention the P 7 Suspension Clips. I did a quick google and the cheapest I find them is $12.00 plus shipping. Is $17.00 worth it for a simple clip for my LED that I already paid for a bolt on clip? Or is there a cheaper place to find them than what I've seen? Maybe a sponsors store or an alternative clip with similiar design?

And my next newbie question. What kind of lubrication should I use on this thing and is it available locally from some big box store?

Thank you.

Eye Candy:

P-7_fs.jpg

(Mods - Checked all the titles to the forums and couldn't find a better spot for this question, but may have missed something.)

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P 7 Suspenion Clips? .. and lube question...

I'd have to really love a flashlight and really need a clip like that to spend so much. On the other hand it looks like a quality clip, and I haven't seen another like it.

DasRoot

Newly Enlightened

The p-7 is about your only option at this point at the only thing like it (that I know of) is the Dangler series from Munroe Design (and their site is down for some reason...).

My recommendation is that you get it bundled with some sort of other product if you can, to spread the cost of the shipping

seahunt

Enlightened

Try the illuminated dog,they're less there and with so many other
goodies you can stretch freight. good luck!
Chuck :twothumbs

Lighthound

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use suspension clips for my clip-less lights like Quark MiNi, EZ series, Jil Lite etc. It's very well made and inconspicuous when used. Definitely worth it.

Lumenz

Enlightened

I use the suspension clips for my keys, Ra Clicky and Spyderco Ladybug. The clips keep everything from bunching at the bottom of my pocket. In my opinion, they are worth the cost. Get yourself a couple; I'm sure you will find another use for one.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
Check out tecaccessories dot com. Their first class shipping option is the way to go.

I have a couple P-7's I use as well. To each their own, but I will never remove my D10/EX10 clips and replace with P7's. I'm just not into dangling stuff unless there is a real need. The D10 clip is less hassle in my opinion, but that's just my 2 cents.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 4 of these and they are incredibly useful. I have my keys on them and they are clipped to the top of my bag for easy access or if i'm out without my bag, the keys are nicely suspended without bunching in the bottom of my trousers/jeans.

The other clip is on my MiNi123 for very discreet carry, 1 is a spare and the other was given away as a gift, great and very useful clips.

Ordered mine from tecaccessories

IMAG0148.jpg

Last edited:

Zatx Woopyoax

Newly Enlightened
Went ahead and ordered one from Going Gear since we get 10% off. Also bought some CR123's and a clip for my new EX10 that is on it's way to me now.

Going to use the P7 with the EX10 in the configuration shown here.

Man within 4 days of finding these forums I now own a Nitecore D10 SP R2 and an EX10 SP R2, and all of the accompanying paraphernalia.

I may need to cancel my membership before I go bankrupt!

Zatx Woopyoax

Newly Enlightened
Got my P7 suspension clip in the other day.

You guys were right. This is absolutely worth every penny, even though it is a lot of pennies. The picture above really doesn't give you a good idea of the scale. This clip is very small. The size causes it to disappear against blue jeans. This thing defines "discreet carry".

The greatest feature of this clip is the comfort it provides when carrying your light. The D10 has an excellent clip attached to it, but it doesn't allow much movement of the light when standing/sitting/and moving in between. The P7 allows the light to hang bezel down along the seam of my jeans and moves with me. When I sit, the light can move on it's own to a more comfortable position. And this is much better than having a light just rolling around at the bottom of a pocket.

So in short (was that short?)... I highly recommend this clip.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are amazing, I bought one, then bought 2 more in case they arent available in the future. Love them and use at least one of them on a daily basis.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can think of a few uses for these, it's a pity they're not a bit cheaper. I'd love to see something similar but cheaper available, perhaps from someone like 4sevens (it'd go nice on a Quark Mini :whistle:).

Mark Mck

Newly Enlightened
I have these suspension clips on my Quark Ti 123 and CR2 lights. This clip is perfect for these lights. I carry these lights in my front shirt or pant pocket and forget I have them on. They are very discrete and are not noticed by others if this matters(wife);). I will probably order a couple more as they are very useful and are high quality clips.

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
I think I may need to order a couple more of these great little clips myself. I had been using one for about 6 months to carry my LF2XT around with me, but my new MiNi 123 NW just stole it! :shakehead