7 day rotation - updated - how many days in a row can you carry a different light?

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greatscoot- The CRI-Baby wouldn't be a Nichia in an old school non hex E-series head, would it?

Found my PM conversation, I picked this up from Jaq in 2013.

QgBRPOw.jpg

h55VLnC.jpg

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I decided to give it another day or two. I backed this light during the pre-order - the Titanium Preon P1 MKIII. Neat little light. Equipped with a programmable interface, and a Nichia 219C 5000K 92+ CRI emitter. I needed to wear dressier slacks to work today, and because of that wanted something small and lightweight.

Neat little light. Plenty bright for most tasks with a rated max output of 100 lumens. This one came with a paleblue brand rechargeable NIMH battery - 450mAh, with a micro USB charging port on the side. Nothing new about that, but Jason really touted this as being a high quality battery, and Jason always speaks truth. It has a little ring around that is red while charging then changes to green when the battery is fully charged.

The new rubber switch button is nice - forward clicky with momentary - my preferred for any light. Nice looking little light with a good clip. I typically don't use clips, but I can see clipping this one to the bill of a cap for lighting. (Edit - the clip is in the wrong direction for hat clipping - thanks, Jonathan! I tried reversing it and the light did not work, so that might take some experimenting.)

"These are the good old days" as it relates to flashlights!

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Day 16 - scout24 already extolled the virtues of this little light over here, so I thought I'd follow his lead and make it my day 16 EDC.

The little Sofirm C01S. jon_slider is pretty darn versed in this little light, so maybe he'll jump in and talk about it a little. Meanwhile, I'll just show a few photos...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Day 16 - scout24 already extolled the virtues of this little light

E01 single mode, C01S two mode, C01R three mode:
Cm10vNMl.jpg

they lego :)
dnSlQy7l.jpg

The C01, C01S, C01R series are all an homage to the E01 host, adding a reversible pocket clip, and tail features.
On the left the original single mode C01 with 5600k Yuji High CRI, that McGizmo also uses in the Sapphire.
20pbRypl.jpg

These little AAA twisty lights are fun, and offer an opportunity to experience High CRI in very inexpensive hosts. The C01R holds a unique place in my daily use pattern, since I recently learned about Red Light Therapy.

one red light leads to another:

TN15fEDl.jpg

zXsOZ86l.jpg

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ Great info, jon_slider!

Day 17...having to dig a little bit to find the next tool. Went back and forth before finally deciding on the Olight S1 Baton in brass. I've had this light a long time - can't remember HOW long, but it's been a while. I used to carry it quite a bit because of the small size. As you can see, the clip is removed and it just drops deep into my pocket and 'disappears.'

My first "good" light was an Olight M20 Warrior. I made that decision back in 2009 based on recommendations made right here on CPF. Like so many newbs, I was looking for info and CPF came out at the top of a google search. That light served me well, and sent me tumbling uncontrollably down the flashlight 'rabbit hole'.

I don't know where that light is now...I think I gave it to my son for a car light. If so, the cell is surely LONG dead, or he may not even have it any more. I digress.

I like this little light because, if you don't compare it to any high cri lights, the tint is a quite nice neutral. The side button interface is intuitive and easy. Even though I have large hands, it's easy to control and operate. And the optic gives it a nice, almost "triple-like", beam shape. PLENTY bright on high - I think it was rated for 500 lumen?

I've also been a fan of Olight for their charitable activity, especially when Marshall of Going Gear passed. My preference is for domestically (US) made lights, but Olight has a strong presence in the US, seem to be responsible, and have been in the game making good stuff for quite a while.

Now, what to carry tomorrow.....hmmm.....

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Love your photos! Thanks. I wish more people would take the time to post pics.

The little Olights have my favorite clicky UI.. I only gave up on them because of my passion for High CRI

this one is the Rose Gold version, it is Titanium Particle Vapor Deposition over copper.
43656241611_5a799dbb80_h.jpg

by far my most often used light is the Copper Tool in that photo.

scout24

Flashaholic
Nice to see some brass beauties! I occasionally get the hankering for brass after seeing nice natural patina but get skittish just because of the weight. Maybe a nice AAA... :)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
cr123 copper and brass are very nice looking, just a bit heavy for my pocket
KwNJxr0l.png

both copper and brass AAA tools are currently available.. I think they are special, and suggest grabbing some while the getting is good

A new pic showed up today in the drop page:

MD-31441_20170126113200_c9aa7543afc18106.jpg

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Day 18

From yesterday I said, "will have to search hard to find the next 'tool'". Little did I know that the statement was a premonition. After jon_slider posted pics of his Maratec, it seemed only fitting to bring my little copper Lumintop Tool AAA.

Pre-covid, my job required a good bit of travel. I kept this little light in my suitcase for hotel room backup. Not that I didn't always carry ample backups, it was just one of those that I knew would be there.

When the travel essentially stopped back in March, I threw this little light in an old cigar humidor box that I keep odds and ends in. When Jonathan posted, I remembered it and decided to give it a little love....

Not much to say - it's just a neat little light. The raised button is very nice. I have no idea where the clip is, but I don't use clips anyway. This morning I rode my Goldwing to work and used it to shine down into the tank as I filled up to be able to see when the gas hit the desired level. Decent Nichia tint - 'enough' output. It'll do fine today.

scout24

Flashaholic
Now I want a Nichia in brass. Is there such an animal? You guys are terrible...

Edit- found it in brass in 219c with a Ti button. :)

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of brass lights. Sure, they look nice, and have some decent mass for thermal absorption. But, the weight! I like to carry a light I can't even feel on me. Even steel bodies are too heavy IMO (and less practical for heat transfer). It's aluminum all the way for me. Or titanium. Basically, something made out of a material with an atomic weight of 22 or less. And preferably not an alkali metal, if I want to use it in the rain.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
found it in brass in 219c with a Ti button. :)

congrats
welcome to the fan club

hints and tips
when the battery is first loaded, the switch has a capacitor that needs to charge for about 30 minutes before high mode works

there is a pocket clip upgrade

UUOr4ILl.jpg

I also really like the keyring option:
U8r0xsql.jpg

you will want to knock the sharp off that keyring connection corner

The stock reversible clip also enables hatlamp use
WCu2EDWcndYssq6DeHE4I0A6z88jGz8gwAxyOUTh5wdaDDQNAbRJotOdELxslFpDHsmBZvmPsDrNarg43zY-b6sFtcHszYXgbJeFxNsknxRip-2LuNZBKgPtUdZESr5caVm6C0ileJ8JOisZAHxaDvnJGZyfgTwsmTnvR1eWxfUE_ZWKJH6tq5mNBqJSWfQrMyhOyg1T8NjsOzFtQxPesdbvb-qd-1aqD2GUSK6UZ3hrFHhRKBxTyaamH8NrN8n8R4Y0PhME9pF7Jk-e5FpgZ2Fwak17X3DCPyxbwPv3YKJbLJso0o7sIau3o92Bas2pB9za85QI98uH3BFNqK0Ai7mlwFTwqfecERtVeRwZPVUNPZ766mrEEZ7xzjqrtst0kwwJeNmWLGy1BHYHoTVBe8gntqpBUl0RamSChvOvTTuPEe4t5ogr6lsJy-H6uVS0tFivDisIEi5L76no37DN3H2FAaIgZDcGtY-infR8SdsD_H9Fv4v7SsBEnPgR9N1kfwdGi9-bZMVwfxcf9re6QOCXle9NlX-zHizbyC6dCM_r5qE2ADcso9p0hLsOatUeiVGNIfQ2YCOBfWBWx3VZKvJ6a94lyrlF-TWnlCgHPRx4nMLm=w1152-h864-no

aaa lights stick to magnets:
xfgbKEDl.jpg

Last but not least, copper and brass are oligodynamic, meaning self sterilizing and germicidal. So when our hands smell different after handling copper alloys, it is because there are copper ions reacting with our skin. This also means there are now copper ions on our hands, that are toxic to bacteria and viruses, but not to us.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the clip tip, jon. Looks beefy, and I love a good clip. I wouldn't mind the brass with the rubber boot clicky tail, but am looking forward to checking it out.