Finish wear on new scalloped Surefire bezels

kz1000s1

Enlightened
The new Surefire scalloped bezel rings look cool and serve a useful function alerting you to a light beig left on. However, My L4 that I EDC already has the finish wearing off of the sharp outside edges of the scallops. Perhaps that edge should be rounded like the rest of the ring. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've been EDC'ing the KL4 longer than most and it's not worn like yours. How you carry yours? I clip mine inside my trouser (USA = pants) pocket (bezel up)

The A2 that I have EDC'd for a lot longer has become worn on the edges of the "Hex", and there is wear on the edge of the TailCap.

Can you think of any reason(s) why your EDC/general use would cause it to wear like you say it has?
(like do you place it bezel down on surfaces a lot or something?)

Thanks

Al

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al:

I recall "trousers" being used fairly frequently in the US in the 1950's as in a "suit with two pair of trousers."

The word is only occasionally hear now and seems to convey a sense of ostentation or formality. The change in useage has been gradual and subtle -- your post caused me to ponder it.

mvario

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, those folks from Blighty sure know how to abuse the language. Still cracks me up when I'm speaking to associates in the UK about Cisco "rooters"

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
In the 50's song, didn't they pronounce route like "root"?

"Get Your Kicks On Route 66" by Bobby Troupe

If you ever plan to motor west
Travel my way, take the highway that's the best
Get your kicks on Route 66.
It winds from Chicago to L.A.
More than 2,000 miles all the way
You go through St. Louie, Joplin, Missouri
And Oklahoma City looks mighty pretty.
You'll see Amarillo, Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona, don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino.
Won't you get hip to this timely tip
When you make that California trip

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The scalloping presents a discontinuous surface which *will* wear faster than a smooth continuous surface. Mine is doing the same thing already and it is rarely carried (doh did I commit a flashlight faux pas?)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Just as well the Porcupine isn't the standard style then!
468t0150.jpg

Al

mvario

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:
In the 50's song, didn't they pronounce route like "root"?

"Get Your Kicks On Route 66" by Bobby Troupe

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobby Troup, from EMERGENCY? I didn't know he wrote that!

Nonetheless, it's alright to prounce "route" as "root"
but it's just not normal to call a Cisco router a "rooter" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I usually carry it in either an open top mag-lite style nylon pouch, or a V21 holster, sometimes in a pants (UK=trouser) pocket. My E2e was carried the same way and had identical treatment, and had no wear. A sharp edge is just going to be more prone to wear than one that is rounded.

CM - I would keep the rarely carried comment to myself if I were you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
kz1001s1,

Despite the L4's superlative qualities in terms of design execution and aesthetics, my Arc LSH is my primary EDC. I do use it around the house quite a bit, it's just too big in my pants pocket. I try to avoid eliciting comments about "... or are you just happy to see me?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif