SL ProPoly 4AA, how to tell if it's a new model???

pilot4x4

Enlightened
SL ProPoly 4AA, how to tell if it\'s a new model???

I've found a store locally that carries the Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA. They've got a good price for a local store, about $24.00 but how can I tell from looking at it in the package if it's a old or new model? I understand the new one has a clickie switch on the back rather than a rotating head. Is there anything obvious to look for on it to determine if that's what it's got? Also I understand they are using resistors now on the current models, any idea when that started? The light they have in stock is an olive drab one with black around the streamlight lettering. John

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SL ProPoly 4AA, how to tell if it\'s a new model???

At last report, the newest models have no resistor on the bottom of the module and the 7 individual LED resistors are 22 ohms each. The next previous model had 12 ohm individual resistors and a single 2 ohm on the bottom of the module. Before that, 12 ohm individual and 1 ohm on bottom. Before that, 12 ohm individual and no resistor on the bottom.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Old style ProPolymer body-
str4aa.jpg

New style -
str4aaled.jpg

pilot4x4

Enlightened

Thanks for the info and the pictures. This one has the guards around the switch button so it's got to be the newer model. If I get it tomorrow then I'll check out the resistor configuration in it. John

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, I wonder about the current those older models feed the LEDs. Mine is the newer model, with 22 Ohm resistors on each LED, and it feeds them over 80 mA each on fresh cells.

steve_vance

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
pilot4x4 said:
I've found a store locally that carries the Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA. They've got a good price for a local store, about $24.00 but how can I tell from looking at it in the package if it's a old or new model? I understand the new one has a clickie switch on the back rather than a rotating head. Is there anything obvious to look for on it to determine if that's what it's got? Also I understand they are using resistors now on the current models, any idea when that started? The light they have in stock is an olive drab one with black around the streamlight lettering. John

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI I spoke to the customer service manager of Streamlight... made her aware of CPF, and just how popular their lights are among the members. I sugg she designate a (technically knowledgeable) person from Streamlight to register on the forum, and be available for questions like the above (as well as availability issues). She said she needs to figure out who would be best for the job, but will get back to me. If all goes well, we'll have some manufacturer input from Streamlight on the forum soon.

hope this is helpful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

haertig

Newly Enlightened
Re: SL ProPoly 4AA, how to tell if it\'s a new mode

I don't think the body tells you if it's old or new. Mine has the switch guard on it's body (new style?) but it has the older resistoring arrangement for the LED's.