Who makes high CRI LED lights?

Brian321

Enlightened
I am looking for a high CRI LED light with about 250+ Lumens. Does anybody make one of these?

I am open to all battery types but it would be nice if it could use both lithium and lithium ion batteries.

Also how would one of these compare to an incan for colors? (Such as outdoors?)

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only one I know of (major manufacturer) is Ra Lights. There's a thread in the marketplace about an upcoming light as well.

I can mod many lights with a hight-CRI emitter.

DM51

Flashaholic
The Ra lights are not >250 lm (not yet, anyway). Bear in mind that "High CRI" is not the same as "warm". You'll see plenty of warm lights or modules, such as Malkoff etc, but not very many High CRI - the best known is probably the McGizmo Sundrop, but that is nowhere near 250 lm either.

Your best bet is to get a custom mod done by Tekno_Cowboy, DaFabricata or one of the other members who does this. To achieve 250 lm, it would need multiple emitters.

As for comparison with incan, high CRI is pretty good, but not 100%. The red end of the spectrum is much improved from standard "neutral" LEDs, but even though the blue spike in the spectrum is not as pronounced, it is still there.

Brian321

Enlightened
The Ra lights are not >250 lm (not yet, anyway). Bear in mind that "High CRI" is not the same as "warm". You'll see plenty of warm lights or modules, such as Malkoff etc, but not very many High CRI - the best known is probably the McGizmo Sundrop, but that is nowhere near 250 lm either.

Your best bet is to get a custom mod done by Tekno_Cowboy, DaFabricata or one of the other members who does this. To achieve 250 lm, it would need multiple emitters.

As for comparison with incan, high CRI is pretty good, but not 100%. The red end of the spectrum is much improved from standard "neutral" LEDs, but even though the blue spike in the spectrum is not as pronounced, it is still there.

Thank you, That helps alot. I have plenty of warm and neutral LEDs but I used one of my Incans the other day and all the colors stood out it was really something different than I am use to after using LEDs for so long.

I would hate to give up the runtime of LEDs but after using that Incan I might have to reconsider if I cant find a High CRI LED.

Brian