What cell for P-Rocket

Buck

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a P-Rocket neutral white (SST-50) from shingingbeam. Is there any initial brightness advantage with an IMR18650 with this emitter, or will a LiMnO2 cell drive it fully?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

If you will read the sales threads of the MG PLI and the new MG P-Rocket ......

I think you will find some discussions of batteries . and even some input from ShiningBeam , himself .

~

Buck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I ordered via his website, so didn't see the Marketplace thread. I rarely look in there.

Buck

Newly Enlightened
Oops, I meant LiCo, not LiMn. Been away from CPF too long!

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Haha, I posted the same thread over in the Electronics/Batteries section yesterday and got very similar answers, and maybe even the same one from TMG. LOL.

What I decided was, if you want maximum brightness, then go with primary CR123s or an IMR 18650.
If you want similar brightness, but maybe not quite as high when measured, and more runtime, then go with the AW protected 18650 (LiCo) with 2600 mAh capacity. My main determinant was this battery test done by old4570.

Unfortunately for me, the sole 18650 I have is the Eagletac, which fairs the worst at delivering the power this thing needs. I think I will order an AW IMR.

AlphaZen

Enlightened
I received my AW IMR18650 a few days ago and have been thoroughly impressed with the output on this cell. This is definitely the battery to use if you want maximum brightness as well as rechargeable capabilities.