Trance, anyone?

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Trance (and / or metal), anyone??

well....If anyone is interested in electronic dance music or metal / death metal, I make some okay tracks. you can check out my website here, at

http://soundclick.com/Luminaris

also

http://myspace.com/Luminaris

Listen to "Pathos Skytropolis", it's the best song posted, however; tonight I released a metal song on the soundclick page, called "MinSyMaV - Spike (Annihilation)".

Last edited:

B@rt

Flashaholic
Very nice L.E.D.! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Did you ever think about creating something based on a "classical" sound?
Here you can find an example of the sort of sound I mean... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
(Sorry for the popups /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Ross

Enlightened
very good mate, I like it! I've been into dance music since it's infancy and I like to see people doing their own thing - keep it up.

Ross

Tomas

Banned
Nicely done, L.E.D. Good base line hiding in there, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I enjoyed the first of yours I listened to, and am heading back to listen to more.

I tucked it in with my others on this machine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I usually tend to lean toward the more "urgent" sounding stuff like Sandstorm by Darude and really like the way Christopher Lawrence adds his loops so slowly, often just starting with one and adding only one or two at a time. He always gives it long enough to establish and make it's statement before adding something new. (Like, uh, Defiant.)

(Yeah, I know, someone old enough to be your grandfather isn't supposed to like this stuff. *sigh* )

Look forward to your new one!

T_sig6.gif
headphones.gif

EDIT: Just listened to Party Star and I enjoyed it. For some reason my mind made a connection with one of the textures in there and it sounded like "Early Emerson, Lake, and Palmer Plays Trance." Fun, actually. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Nicely done, L.E.D. Good base line hiding in there, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh... coming from a guy who has two 16" sub drivers powered with a bit over 1000W, I'd say there was a bit of bass in there too, yes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You must not be doing something right if old duffers like Tomas enjoy your stuff... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though - excellent work!

Tomas

Banned
Darell, I assume that your subs are solar powered and that explains why the sun was dimming on occasion today? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My big sub is in storage these days - it's THX rated for a theatre of 450 seats and powered by a 1KW Carver amp. A bit too much for a small apartment ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

I suppose one of these days I should sell that stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

T_sig6.gif
headphones.gif

Joel

Newly Enlightened
You rock! Love your stuff! I listen to mostly trance in the car, it seems to keep me relaxed in this Los Angeles traffic. Keep up the great work!

Joel

Empath

Flashaholic
Trance? Is that what they call the new age type of electronic Tangerine Dreamish kind of music nowdays?

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great stuff! Can we adopt it as the official CPF theme music? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please keep us posted with your next release-

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Darell, I assume that your subs are solar powered and that explains why the sun was dimming on occasion today? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, heck - everything that's plugged in is solar powered these days. Sorry for the eclipse.

[ QUOTE ]

My big sub is in storage these days - it's THX rated for a theatre of 450 seats and powered by a 1KW Carver amp. A bit too much for a small apartment ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Doh! You're making my drool here! Mine is overkill too - just the way I like it. I've had to de-rattle all of my windows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trance? Is that what they call the new age type of electronic Tangerine Dreamish kind of music nowdays?

Sort of. Just alot more beat and not so lucid (thats a pretty subjective statement). I don't know about new age, though.

Sigurd

JOshooter

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
AilSnail said:

Sort of. Just alot more beat and not so lucid (thats a pretty subjective statement). I don't know about new age, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more of a light techno.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------

Tangerine Dream Trivia Time: Their album "Optical Race" was produced with an Atari ST!

(Craig's the ole' Commodore geek...I'm the ole' Atari geek! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
(Craig's the ole' Commodore geek...I'm the ole' Atari geek! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]
I recently got a Commodore SX-64 off ebay (vintage 1983, and works fine thankyouverymuch), and I've got my eyes on a Commodore CBM 8032 (the brother to the PET 4032, the PET 2001, and the SuperPET). That thing goes back before the C-64, the Vic-20, the Atari 800, and the Atari 400. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
And it's definitely older than the Atari ST. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tangerine Dream couldn't have made their album on a PET or CBM computer, but they might have been able to make it on a Commodore 64.

Mutie

Enlightened
Kraftwerk used a TI Speak and Spell for Computer World.

Nice work LED. It is reminescent of Tangerine Dream.

Tomas, I didn't see the resemblence to ELP. That was my inroduction to electronic music. I bought Brain Salad Surgery just because of the name. Sure miss their old classic stuff. These young whippersnappers today don't know nothing about where electronic music came from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif <giggle>

Mutech

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Mutiny Sfears said:
Kraftwerk used a TI Speak and Spell for Computer World.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the first time I heard Kraftwerk it was the Trans Europe Express album. Somebody gave it to me because they hated it. Good thing they gave it to me instead of throwing it away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Eventually, I got Computer World, Radio-Activity, The Mix, and a few others. I still have Trans Europe Express and Radio-Activity, but I don't know where the others are anymore.

Oh, and I used to have a TI Speak and Spell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif